anyway i can move the baby 37+2

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by kirstyburga, Jun 9, 2005.

1. kirstyburga

kirstyburga New Member

Hi all,
    I went to the midwife last week who told me that my baby had moved back to back position, with its spine against my spine. Is there any way i can get it to move back as aparantly this means a longer and more painful dlivery!
    Also any ways i can kick start my labour from next week as getting v fed up now.

Cheers
    Kirst
    37+2 + fed up! :?

2. Diddlum

Diddlum Active Member

Have a read of this, loads of info for you: http://www.homebirth.org.uk/ofp.htm

Sorry can't really help about how to speed things up! you're a bit early yet though aren't you? Have you tried raspberry leaf tea?

3. vickie*m

vickie*m New Member

some ways to move a baby from back to back are by:

* sitting with your knees lower than your hips as this will change the position of your pelvis and help your baby to move back to the correct position

*regularly use upright and forward leaning positions as these allow more avaliable space in the pelvis for your baby to turn.

* sit facing chair back and resting arms on the back of a dining chair

*when resting/sleeping, lie on your side, preferably left, with a pillow between the legs and the top knee resting on the bed.

* get on all fours and arch your back out.

the things that i have heard can bring on labour are

raspberry leaf tea
    having sex as sperm contains prostaglandin
    walking long distances
    bumpy car journeys
    eating a whole fresh pineapple.