pain relief, have given in

Lynds77

Reaction score
I feel so guilty! have popped a muscle in my ribs and have been struggling on with the pain the last few weeks. Its been getting steadily and steadily worse and every sneeze is excruciating.

went to the doc and she said there is nothing that can be done whilst pregnant, would normally take diclofenic but cant take that. She advised to use ibuleve gel and to try to stop sneezing (easier said than done when you have hayfever!) she said without the sneezing it would take around 6-8 weeks to heal, but every time i sneeze I am undoing any healing that has occurred.

well today i just cant take anymore, sent hubby off to boots to get some Nurofen gel and some deep heat cream. Both state "consult your Doctor before taking this medicine whilst pregnant or breastfeeding"

everything else, including the Ibuleve the doc told me to use, says NOT to be used during pregnancy.

I do feel so guilty though, especially as baby is right underneath where I am going to be applying it.

i am starting to panic though, i cant strain at all, even to fart without being in pain, so how the hell am I supposed to push a baby out?????

Last edited:
Don't feel bad hun! U can't just suffer for goodness how's how long.
Lovin ur docs advice of 'stop sneezing' lol! Not very helpful is it?!

As for giving birth, somehow, we cope. Don't ask me how. But our bodies are built for childbirth, they aren't build for pulled muscles ;-)

Hope u feel better soon x

Aw dont feel bad, it cant be good for lo either if you are in constant pain,so you are doing whats best for you both.
Also you are at one of the safest stages in pregnancy to use these type of things, so im sure it wont do any harm at all.
Good for you for putting up with the pain for so long, hope it helps and heals soon. X

Don't feel bad :( you need to sort yourself! Try and have a nice relaxing bath if you can, and really rest up...
Stop sneezing... Hmh... Like if you could you wouldn't have done so already xx

I hope the gels etc help to ease it off! We don't use diclofenac anymore because of all the side effects.
:hug: rest up!!

Oh - And try not to sneeze!! Lol!!! x

Aww chick, don't feel guilty xx

It absolutely pants being in pain, and I was the same when I had toothache about taking pain killers, but I reasoned that the stress and lack of sleep caused by the pain was just as bad if not worse than taking something that is essentially safe during pregnancy.

I really hope you feel better soon xxx

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back