Ouch! Sharp pain when sneezing!

amandapanda

Reaction score
Well who knew pregnancy can cause so many aches, pains, worries and niggles! Now apparantly I can't even sneeze without incident! I'm sneezing quite a bit at the moment as I am just getting over a cold and today got the biggest shooting pain in my stomach /side when I sneezed - it really shocked me! The next sneeze I held my tummy and it was fine!

I'm not really worried, am sure it's to do with stretching ligaments and muscles etc and from now on I'll hold my tummy when I sneeze, but I guess it is something I didn't expect at 13 weeks!

Amanda x

I get the same from coughing.. a worry at first but now I just have to remember to cough carefully and hold tummy like you :D
Beginning to think we should all be wrapped in cotton wool and put somewhere safe for 9 months! xxx

Ha ha yes that sounds like a good idea - but we'd probably find a way to worry about that too.... is cotton wool 100% safe in pregnancy? lol

I get this too amanda. The first time I got a bit worried but its happened quite a few times and don't think its anything to worry about. Its quite sore though and gives me a fright when it happens x

So nice to know I'm not he only one worrying about every little thing :D
So pleased I found this forum and have all you girlies to talk too :hug:

Last edited:
Your so right fallingstar, im glad i have this site to share all our worries. Its very helpful :D x

I found if you bring your knees up to your chest when sneezing it helps! It used to kill when sneezing in tri 1!

Sounds like round ligament pain, I got this soo much in the early days whenever I coughed, sneezed or rolled over in bed, lol. I asked my MW and she said round ligament pain. Hope this helps ease your worries a bit :D

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back