Severe sharp pain under left breast, gets worse when breathing!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by danant68, Feb 23, 2012.

1. danant68

danant68 New Member

Hello Everyone!

I'm 24 weeks pregnant.
    I decided to write this in as many forums as possible because i spent most days searching and searching for an answer! I wanted to give my experience and i hope that this will help at least one pregnant woman out there!

I was admitted into hospital four days ago after 48 hours of agonising pain under my left breast just before my rib cage. These were my symptoms

*knife like sharp pain under left breast just before rib cage.
    *Couldn't take a full breath in as the pain was too severe
    *Couldn't sleep, sneeze, yawn, cough without being bent over in pain.
    *Couldn't turn to left or right without having the sharp pain.

After being admitted they ruled out a pulmonary embolous, and discharged me later that evening with paracetamol and saying it was musculoskeletal. I was relieved that they knew what it was but the pain was still there and the paracetamol just wasn't helping at all. I was coming to the conclusion that i would have to live with this! :cry: I tried to get an appointment with my doctor for a follow up but couldn't and my midwife said i must go see a doctor.

I was in the car when another dreaded yawn was coming! I don't know why but i suppressed my yawn so hard that the pain in my chest shifted and went!!!!!!! The only way to describe it was like a bubble shifting under my chest. I'm so happy! That's my experience so i hope that may work for you and for you to know that your not the only one living with the pain!
    Thanks for listening!
    Danielle x

2. FirstBabyEek

FirstBabyEek Well-Known Member

Hi, thanks for sharing. Glad to hear your better x