Severe sharp pain under left breast, gets worse when breathing!

danant68

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I'm 24 weeks pregnant.
I decided to write this in as many forums as possible because i spent most days searching and searching for an answer! I wanted to give my experience and i hope that this will help at least one pregnant woman out there!

I was admitted into hospital four days ago after 48 hours of agonising pain under my left breast just before my rib cage. These were my symptoms

*knife like sharp pain under left breast just before rib cage.
*Couldn't take a full breath in as the pain was too severe
*Couldn't sleep, sneeze, yawn, cough without being bent over in pain.
*Couldn't turn to left or right without having the sharp pain.

After being admitted they ruled out a pulmonary embolous, and discharged me later that evening with paracetamol and saying it was musculoskeletal. I was relieved that they knew what it was but the pain was still there and the paracetamol just wasn't helping at all. I was coming to the conclusion that i would have to live with this! :cry: I tried to get an appointment with my doctor for a follow up but couldn't and my midwife said i must go see a doctor.

I was in the car when another dreaded yawn was coming! I don't know why but i suppressed my yawn so hard that the pain in my chest shifted and went!!!!!!! The only way to describe it was like a bubble shifting under my chest. I'm so happy! That's my experience so i hope that may work for you and for you to know that your not the only one living with the pain!
Thanks for listening!
Danielle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back