• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ouch .... Severe rib and back pain

keljordan

Reaction score
.. Has anyone else had this?? It's driving me crazy, I feel so defeated coz I'm no wimp but bloody hell it hurts!!!! I was in tears last night and I've got another 7 weeks of this :( :( I just feel like my ribcage wants to snap in half and no matter how I sit, lie or stand it is just constant pain!! Plz ... Somebody.... Help!!! X :( sorry to moan x

i know exactly how you feel i was the same about a week ago in total pain it was driving me insane normally when i got it i could lie down and it would go away but it was that bad nothing would take it away . it should ease up i think its just baba moving and the fact not much space to move around no more. should hopefully stop soon xxx

I have this too - it's generally not too bad throughout the day but when it gets to about 7pm or so, it really kicks in. I've invested in one of those v-shaped pregnancy pillows though and so far it's worked a treat so I'd definatley recommend one

Iv had this for a few weeks now but it was never really that bad till recently now its at a point i cant get rid of it and its coming for no reason. people keep telling me its babys bum in my ribs but hes dropped twice since it started lol x

only thing that helped me was hands over my head and laying in bed i was half sitting up, i had 8 pillows!! Laying down just made me feel like i couldnt breath and sitting up was worse then anything
mine was gone by the morning tho.
xx

This is exactly what mine is, if I lay down I feel like I can't breathe, but the other night was agony! :( I do feel like baby's bum is in my ribs, hope she drops soon and gives me a little more space. To make things worse I think I'm suffering with a little bit of spd! Gonna speak to my midwife about it on wed! Thanks girls xxx

You're not alone keljordan... I feel exactly the same!! i cant sit down for longer than 10mins without pain :( Its soooooooooooooo uncomfortable! Never felt pain like it! The only release I get from pain is being in bed sleeping on my left side!!! ouchie!!! 24 Days & counting xxxx

Hope the pain eases for you - but ive had this since about 20 weeks!! must have a long or active baby xxx

Last edited:
i get it that bad sometimes i have 2 scream outloud my oh panics what wrong im like he's kicking my ribs again lol x

Hi Ladies

I sympathise. Best relief I have found that works is getting on all fours and getting someone to lightly rub your back and cuddle ribs inwards towards natural position countering the effect that baby has of pushing them out. I hope this helps.

Probably won't as the post is over 3 years old!! Why do people sign up, post and bring up an old thread then never post again gaah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back