Excruciating Rib Pain?

I thought I had cracked a rib when I had my chest infection. It was the most horrendous pain and ended up making me cry and finally phone for an ambulance. I had started being violently sick and breathless at that point.

First of all Debbie, I doubt very much that you have cracked a rib, this is what I first thought and as I had felt a pop, was pretty sure of it. The doctor reasurred me though at the hospital and said that it is very rare and after an examination told me it was a pulled muscle. I think you have just strained yourself.

Try to stay lying on the side that isn't painful and if you can make a real effort to relax your whole body...difficult I know.

I was prescribed strong painkillers, but to be honest they made me feel more sick, so just stuck to paracetamol. Do you have any Lemsips (without added menthol) as this might be easier and more soothing to take.

I can really see where you are coming from hun, it really isn't a nice feeling is it, but you will come through it...promise :hug: :hug: :hug:

I thought I had cracked a rib when I had my chest infection. It was the most horrendous pain and ended up making me cry and finally phone for an ambulance. I had started being violently sick and breathless at that point.

First of all Debbie, I doubt very much that you have cracked a rib, this is what I first thought and as I had felt a pop, was pretty sure of it. The doctor reasurred me though at the hospital and said that it is very rare and after an examination told me it was a pulled muscle. I think you have just strained yourself.

Try to stay lying on the side that isn't painful and if you can make a real effort to relax your whole body...difficult I know.

I was prescribed strong painkillers, but to be honest they made me feel more sick, so just stuck to paracetamol. Do you have any Lemsips (without added menthol) as this might be easier and more soothing to take.

I can really see where you are coming from hun, it really isn't a nice feeling is it, but you will come through it...promise :hug: :hug: :hug:

kazlin said:

Heh, both sides are painful. :cheer: Yay for me! I don't *think* I have a cracked rib... I do think it is perhaps more muscular but if I don't feel any better tomorrow, I may go to the walk in centre just to get it checked or call the surgery again and beg for an emergency appointment. (They're really useless there these days - fortunately I haven't needed to go there since November when I started getting SPD symptoms)

I've been to Boots and bought one of these tonight...

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1046385

ehero.jpg

so fingers crossed it'll clear my head a bit before bed and let me rest a bit more in that sense. I'll try and sleep propped up again tonight although it's hard!

kazlin said:

Heh, both sides are painful. :cheer: Yay for me! I don't *think* I have a cracked rib... I do think it is perhaps more muscular but if I don't feel any better tomorrow, I may go to the walk in centre just to get it checked or call the surgery again and beg for an emergency appointment. (They're really useless there these days - fortunately I haven't needed to go there since November when I started getting SPD symptoms)

I've been to Boots and bought one of these tonight...

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1046385

ehero.jpg

so fingers crossed it'll clear my head a bit before bed and let me rest a bit more in that sense. I'll try and sleep propped up again tonight although it's hard!

Steam should help :) I've sat in a steamed bathroom a fair few times, occasionally with a poorly child with a bad cough and so on. It really does help.

And yup, propping upright will also help. Lying down puts more pressure so anything you can do to relieve that is good.

Fingers crossed you get a decent night tonight :hug: :hug:

Steam should help :) I've sat in a steamed bathroom a fair few times, occasionally with a poorly child with a bad cough and so on. It really does help.

And yup, propping upright will also help. Lying down puts more pressure so anything you can do to relieve that is good.

Fingers crossed you get a decent night tonight :hug: :hug:

:hug:
hope it eases real soon. my ribs are sore this evening his movements are really hurting at the mo

marie x

:hug:
hope it eases real soon. my ribs are sore this evening his movements are really hurting at the mo

marie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back