• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

One born every minute

I loved it until I had my son, then pretty much the week I had him, I went off it...like I have my baby now.. very odd..

I can't wait for it to be back on next week, they never do enougth programmes tho each time..
Me and my 10 year old daughter are going to watch it together , she loves it too, so letting her stay up while holidays are on...

I love this. My husband refuses to watch it though and will always leave the room.

To make anyone feel better, my mum is a midwife, and whenever she watches it with me, her criticism is always of the midwifes behavior and never the patient. But she has always informed me that when she had my brother, her thoughts were "how can I be in this much pain and not be dead or dying?".... Which is comforting!

Cornish Fairy I am exactly the same with being sick. I am so terrified of it too. I can cope with pain but as soon as I know I'm going to be sick I can't talk or do anything because I panic so much. I'm a teacher and as soon as any child in my class tells me they feel sick I send them off to the toilet sooo quickly, I just can't cope with it!!
Bee x

I was like that with wedding programmes...,watched them all day long till my wedding was over then I wasn't interested x

Aah good to find a fellow Emetophobe BeeSmall! You're very brave being a teacher, I'd always be paranoid about a kid being sick. Don't know how I'd cope with my own children, think I'd grin and bear it but anyone else's would be a challenge!! I went to the doc about my phobia when i started ttc and had cognitive behavioural therapy which was very good and I'm a lot better than I was, I can look at photos of sick/people puking, I can sometimes watch a video (although I wimp out mostly!) and I can handle it when my cat throws up (I used to run away from him!!) but I still find it makes aspects of every day life hard. It's such a weird thing isnt it because no-one likes puke, but it's like an extreme version! Sends me into a total panic. X

Aw that must be really tough cornishfairy!
My thing is needles. I'm out cold the moment I see one! Think I'm going to have to try and get my OH to deal with immunisations etc!
That cognitive behavioural therapy sounds good though. And hopefully when it comes to your LO's your maternal instincts will override any fears!

Ooh Naomi yeah I imagine needles are a big issue when it comes to birth, babies etc. I'm ok with them but I know a lot of people who aren't and who go very pale if they see one on the telly. I find apart from the sick issues I have quite a strong stomach for things, I can see people getting legs chopped off or having open heart surgery and I'm fine, but then show me someone with a bent back fingernail or a paper cut and it turns my legs to jelly! Tee hee! Think that must be because I can imagine what that feels like. Ouch! X

Cannot wait so excited x

Last edited:
Haha guess we all have our weaknesses cornishfairy! I used to want to be a doctor but figured the needle thing could be a bit of an issue...! Perhaps i should try a bit of cognitive behaviour therapy though as the needle thing has become a bit ridiculous over recent years. managed to crack my head open during one fainting incident and had to have my head stapled!! And then have fainted into the needle a couple of times which has resulted in some lovely and highly attractive scarring!

Ouch that sounds nasty! Yeah it's worth a go, I was pretty sceptical and it certainly hasn't cured me but it's helped a lot. I moved house and had a new doc who was really nice so mentioned my phobia to him and within a few weeks I was going once a week to my 'looney doc' (as I called her, she wasn't the looney, I was!) and it was great :) xx

Ohhh soooo excited I totally love one born every minute!! Have to say tho the whole giving birth thing really frightens me I'm terrified of pain and I have fainted whilst getting bloods taken and even having my implant put in/ taking out EEK!! Even my nurse said "god midwives r going to love u" being sarcastic lol xxx :cry:

I love it but it makes me far far too broody! It's amazing to watch how each woman copes and some are out in half an hour and others a week! I'm so excited about labour when it's my turn xx

Not afraid of needles.... Not afraid of sick and boogies worked as a nursery nurse so did all of that... I'm afraid of dark country lanes that's my phobia AND I've just moved to the garden of England (Kent) so now face my phobias almost daily haha.... Oh and other people's blood.....

Hahaha well watching some people boogie-ing can be a bit on the scary side (my dad for instance!)

OH NO NOT THE DAD DANCE .... Mind you I'm getting a bit if the mum dance as I get older ....

Aw that must be really tough cornishfairy!
My thing is needles. I'm out cold the moment I see one! Think I'm going to have to try and get my OH to deal with immunisations etc!
That cognitive behavioural therapy sounds good though. And hopefully when it comes to your LO's your maternal instincts will override any fears!

oh Naomi88 im the same as you just the mention of the N word and im feeling faint queezy and wobbly at the needs! when i watch one born every minute and the epidural part come on im running out the room! im interested to see when i get to that point in my life whether the pain will override and i have it or whether i cant because of my fear?? at the mo i would have to opt for without one but who knows what will happen if the pain is that immense?? ahhhh

I am on nights this week so I missed this! Boo. Hopefully I'll see a repeat xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back