One born every minute...

I scared myself watching that lol when they said to the 17yo about push past the stinging, i looked at my OH n said "stinging?" OMG what have i let myself in for! with my daughter i was so tired i didnt feel much pain and i no with this 1 im gonna feel everything n its really scary! Does anyone else have to look away when they are doing an epidural? i panic myself i cant look at it n im really anti needles if i have to have a csection i think they will have to try and catch me first :( x

oh and the receptionist! My OH takes the piss outta her coz shes always eating haha. Shes such a weird woman! x

Last edited:
she was amazing and her oh was fab.....:) great birthing partner!!

xxx

p.s i love the show

I dont ever have to look away at anything TBH. I'm not bothered about blood, guts, needles etc. but my hubby got up and went to make a brew when they started putting the epi in! :rofl:

I left the room for the epidural bit, when all the fluid started dripping out the needle I just freaked, Im honestly more scared of this than any pain!! I hope I dont need a c-section!

I loved it last night! That young girl just made me feel so much more positive about the whole thing! The only thing is that they sqeezed it into an hours show when in reality the she was prob in there for HOURS! first she was in the pool, then the bed, then the ball back into bed!

I was also a bit queezy when it came to the 'stingy' part! ouch! The 'ring of fire' as they like to call it!! eek! But she was really brave and the baby seemed to fall out in stead of head first then body on the next contraction!

What I love about the preogramme is the moment the baby is out its just amazing to watch.

As to the receptionist, I was LAUGHING my head of when she scurried to the midwifes office, started looking at the bored (not like she needs it for any reason whatsoever) pretending to look important then turned around nicked a buiscuit an scurried out! She may not be a very professional but I think thats what they are trying to show in a way that the world goes on around all of the women coming in and out having babies!

The student midwide was great too! I hope my midwifes are as good as in that hospital! I love the head with the round classes on! :)

soz for the long rant, just love it!!! :)

what a great episode.

wish my mum was that supportive haha. when she said 'thats my little girl and i just wanna take her home and tell her she doesnt have to do this' sooo sweet

loved it !
the 17 yr old was amazing, and her OH was perfect. wished my mother was that when i was in labour, all she did was call me a silly wee lassy.

is that receptionist fat or pregnant??!?!? lol

OMG if she's pregnant I hope they all laugh at her when she goes into labour and is scared. Its what she deserves!

I dilate 8cm just watching One Born Every Minute, and I'm a dad!

I do get annoyed about how the blokes are always painted in a bad light. We're not all like that, you know!!

we know!! Ive been surprised how many terrible birth partners they've shown, but then I guess it makes better TV! The best so far has been that young dad last week.

yes definetley abbie and ross were amazing! especcialy entering motherhood and fatherhood at such a young age, the bit where he was crying when abbies mum stroked he's head was so cute :)

I love Ben in tonights episode. He's so sweet, keeps telling her how well she's doing and how much he loves her....awwwww.:love:

I welled up when their wee girl was born, it was lovely. Looked bloody painful as hell tho

well i can safely say tonights episode was by far the best, i think i smiled all the way through it and welled up a few times too, and i didnt see that receptionist....yay!!!!

i so want one!!

OH said to me "is it wrong that i want you to be like that?" i was like....erm yeah cos shes in pain lol!!
he was like no i just want to be able to say my GF is preggo lol , bless him x

I am put off, from that 40 year old getting rushed into emergancy C section, bloody hell she didn't even have a choice, obv it's for the baby and mother's welfare at that moment in time.

I am scared now, didn't know birth was that hard, all my family must of had good births with the stories they have told me lol

Does it put anyone else off a bit?

I'm not put off (tough shit if i was lol) but it has reminded me how much it hurts but it also reminded me how amazing giving birth can be. I cried tears the size of october cabbages when that little girl was born, the mother did so well and the dad was lovely. I am looking forward to giving birth again, even tho it will hurt, its all worth it xx

Penny and Ben were so lovely - he was the best partner that has been on I think. Their little girl was beautiful and the same as you girls I welled up when she was born and when he said "we've got a little girl".

I didn't just well up, I went into full on blub mode!! Was pleased everything worked out for the older mum, it must have been scary as hell! I'm worried enough about having to have an emergency c-section (or any kind of section for that matter!!) that I was left a little traumatised....I hope hope hope I can have a natural birth!!

Another good episode! :D It started off badly IMO but I'm really warming to it now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back