OMG just booked my early scan! :)

I think it's because I'm paying for it out of my wages :) I think he is as worried about it as me and doesn't want to get to 11 weeks again before we find out if something is wrong again. Xx

yeah i can totally understand that hun, my OH hasnt said much about the pregnancy at all even though i have been mega positive and tried to put his mind at ease (although yesterday he was coming up with random boys names so maybe my positivity is rubbing off on him) xx

My oh is also very quite about it too. Doesn't want to get too excited again, but I'm feeling positive still. I hope that we can get more excited after the scan xx

OOPS! Can I blame that on baby brain yet? Here ya go chick - http://www.myultrababy.com

You are a star mrs blue!

Even though I was going to wait until after seeing my Dr on 17th I have just paid a depoit for an early scan on 19th Nov (2nd choice will be 12th November but may be a little too early so I'll check this out when they contact me to arrange!)

So hopefully I'll be 7w and 5d when I am scanned!

xxxxxxxxxxx

that's great news!! So glad to be of help. I am going to try and hold out. I am so sick right now that I almost don't need to see the little one on the screen, although I'd love to!! xx

that's great news!! So glad to be of help. I am going to try and hold out. I am so sick right now that I almost don't need to see the little one on the screen, although I'd love to!! xx

I am only having the scan due to previous issues, otherwise I'd wait too! (well as you found me such a good deal maybe I wouldn't have LOL)

I have zero symptoms either so I don't have that reassurance!

Thanks again for your help though!

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I definitely think everyone will be more positive after the scan, although like you Dee I'm definitely feeling more positive :) My OH has been very sensible I think he wanted to make sure all was ok with the scan before getting excited, although he's started looking at what base fits into our car, so I think he is getting excited :) xxx

i think it helps that i am past the stage i was at last time and also i am feeling so god damn sick its obv those hormones and increasing :) my OH said he would stop worrying when its born but i think after a scan he will be fine and less worried :)..Oooh just think come end of June beginning of july we will all be poppin our sprogs out hehe :D cant wait!! x

Once we all have our scans and see happy healthy babies we can really start enjoying our pregnancies. I get so excited when I think of next July!! I can't wait to start buying things for the baby, we've agreed not to buy anything yet but I don't think I'll be able to hold back in the Jan sales!! xxx

me too :D i did buy some teeny weeny vests from asda the other day, they were only £2 for 3 and i just wanted to but one thing at least just to curb the urge to go buy lots and lots of things haha, already picked out the travel system, as soon as i know things are fine i'm goin to put a deposit down on it eeek excited much :D x

I have a Moses basket, cot mobile and a sleeps unit and a vest and a blanket. They were in tesco's a few months back and they had roo on from winnie the pooh, which what I'm calling my ill bean cos of my username! :) xx

I'll buy something neutral after the 12 week scan but until then I am not even looking :shock:

ahh very fitting purchases then hun hehe!!i dont have overly loads to buy really, my friend is due in January and so shes givin me her moses basket, my other friend has given me a sterilizer and bottle warmer, so just the little odds and ends to get now i guess (apart from a cot but that can wait for now lol) x

I will be getting loads off my sister, like her steriliser and bottle warmer and flask. Also I have first dibs on all her clothes, if I have a girl I'm all set. My niece is nearly 11 months :) xx

If I have a boy I'll be set - my sisters boy is 7 months and my brothers boy will be 6 months on Wednesday :)

xxxxxxxxx

It makes me want to go and buy something just talking about it on here! We have a cot but that's because our friends gave us theirs when their little boy went into a big boy bed so just need a new mattress. I think my mum will want to buy the pram and my MIL can't wait until Jan to start buying for my SIL so no doubt she'll buy up the whole shop once we make our announcement!!

Dee - what travel system have you chosen? xx

I have chosen my travel system too. I love the I love my bear range at babies r us, so I like the graco system :) xx

I've been looking at travel systems and see to change my mind every 5 minutes! I think I'll have to test them all out in the shop xx The I love my bear range is gorgeous xx

I am apparently getting all my SIL's second hand stuff as she has had all her babies now. I don't mind not having everything new, but I feel like it's being thrust upon me a little bit! When we told OH's parents, MIL said, "oh that's great, you won't need to buy anything...." but I do want some things new!! It's my first baby! And I am picky and have very specific taste. Think I may have to tread carefully...

Sorry to be so thick - what is a travel system? I am guessing it's the car seat etc....

(I am going to be asking lots more stupid questions like this?)

I am apparently getting all my SIL's second hand stuff as she has had all her babies now. I don't mind not having everything new, but I feel like it's being thrust upon me a little bit! When we told OH's parents, MIL said, "oh that's great, you won't need to buy anything...." but I do want some things new!! It's my first baby! And I am picky and have very specific taste. Think I may have to tread carefully...

Accept it all, sell anything decent on Ebay (or give to charity) and bin any crap :)

xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back