private scan booked! *Updated with scan photo!*

eightball

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm so excited!!
A few weeks ago I was on here a bit disappointed because my booking scan wasn't going to be until I was 12 weeks. But I thought I'd wait and see how soon they'd book my first scan and I was hoping it'd be before then so at last I could be reassured that there is actually something in there.
But I got my scan date yesterday and it was for week 14! Miiiiles away!
So for my own sanity I've just booked a private dating scan for tomorrow!!! YAY! I thought they'd be all booked up but it was no problem at all, and now I'm so excited and sick and nervous.
How am I supposed to concentrate on work now? :D

Oh wow!

How exciting for you....just you wait untill you see that little heartbeat fluttering around (too early to hear it but you can see it from 6 weeks onwards) it's a truely amazing experience. Enjoy every second and get loads of pictures too!!

Nicola xx

Oh that's brilliant eightball you won't regret it I had one at 7 weeks and it was the best money I ever spent puts your mind at rest and as your almost 10 weeks you should be able to see a lot best of luck for tomorrow hun.

its great that they fit you in so quickly and it'll make you feel a lot better!!

good luck for tomora and post piccys :cheer:

Private scans are the best, you can usually get one with 24 hours of calling. The one I had was £75 and in the grand scheme of things that's not much.

I had one on Wednesday night. Got to see my baby's heart beat and now I really feel that everything is going to be OK this time :dance:

My first NHS scan isn't till 1st March and I know that I'd have spent every minute of the next 5 weeks worrying needlessly.

Good luck with you scan I hope it brings you good news and peace of mind :)

If you can afford it (or put some pennies aside early on) then a private scan was the BEST thing I've done this pregnancy. Had one at 18 weeks and it was amazing to watch and you get the DVD so can watch it over and over again. Ive ripped certain frames off my dvd to make a little movie for OH's relatives who live abroad so they're included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJrZJxohiOQ

It lost a lot of quality in the conversion but you'll see how clear that is so imagine the quality of the original! Look at the frame straight after the monkey and you'll see him stick his tongue out :wink:

good luck for tomorrow hun, dont forget to get a piccy!!!! :D

Hi eightball have fun tomorrow (today!!) you will love it!! Bet you are excited!!
and minime your video nearly made me cry! how sweet!

I'm back from the scan and it turns out there is really a baby in there!

As you can imagine I'm so relieved! Everything went great, I saw the heartbeat and even got a little wave. *PHEW* Now I can start to enjoy the fact that I don't feel very sick!
I still feel sick about telling parents though! Wish me luck!

your scan pic is lovley
can't wait till have mine done bet it was such a releaf to see him/her moving

your scans lovely, im sure ur parents will b fine about the baby when u show them that!! :hug:

Oh what a completely adorable picture, I'm so happy it all went well for you I know how worried you were about it. Don't fret too much about telling your parents, I'm sure they will be delighted for you and who could resist that little picture....take it along as back up they couldn't be mad when the see that! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back