OMG - I brought my first baby clothes today!

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hey Girls, I had such an exciting day, I just have to tell you all

I went to a car boot sale and brought my first unisex baby clothes, first things i have brought for this baby, god it really made it feel real.

I am planning to stay on team yellow, and treat myself once baby has arrived to a few pink or blue items, so stuck to essentials in newborn ish 0-3 size.

I brought 6 vests, 3 babygrows, one little hat, cream booties, white booties (still unused and tagged together!), 2x little white jacket style tops with 2x matching legging bottoms with feet, and one extra white wraparound style top with pic, a cuddledry towel and a white winter snowsuit (Jan baby!), in all 0-3 mths ,all in lovely clean condition (photos have come out all yellow and dark so don't do them justice!) Can't wash and iron the clothes till I tell the kids, but prob bets to wash them nearer the time anyway, or end up doing it again.

Guess what the whole lot cost only £5.40!!!! What a bargain - would recomend it to anyone. Check out the yellow duck set, that's def coming to the hosp with me!

On the way back popped to the supermarket and got small reopening pack of 75 nappy sacks for my hosp bag too.

yayyyyy I'm actually having a baby:lol:

Attachments

• Stickys bargain first clothes.jpg
    Stickys bargain first clothes.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Stickys yellow duck set.jpg
    Stickys yellow duck set.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Stickys winter suit.jpg
    Stickys winter suit.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 20
How exciting and what a bargain. We bought our first outfit (just a little white baby grow with hat) after the scan on friday and it made it feel much more real! Going to start taking advantage of offers and sales from now on :)

wahoo! thats sooo exciting! boot sales are well worth the trip arent they! defo gona start looking out for cheapies in unisex soon so i can start collecting bits and pieces! x

What a bargain!

I got a lil baby grow last week with White and orange stripes and a whale - I thought it was unisex, lol!

I can't believe how little unisex stuff there is in shops!

Squeeee, can't wait to buy more!!

Such a good price I just got some baby clothes from a carboot but it was more of a Market stall so was £1 per item was a bit more pricey wish I had your luck x x

aaawww they are so cute... won't forget my ebay bargain the about 7 weeks ago... over 100 items of baby unisex baby clothes used once and brand new items for £2.99 + £10 delivery!!!! :) :) xx

they are lovely iv stocked otu and intire wardrobe from the carbooty spent a tenner and dont need anything else cloths wize gona buy one new outfit for baby to come home in and my dd gona go pick that while im in hospital and a new babygrown for when it first born but the rest second hand saved me a fortune

thats well cute! i might have a look at a carboot!

Aww those are so sweet and a real bargin! Well done you :)

Last edited:
aaawww they are so cute... won't forget my ebay bargain the about 7 weeks ago... over 100 items of baby unisex baby clothes used once and brand new items for £2.99 + £10 delivery!!!! :) :) xx

Blimey Munchkin that's a right bargain! well done :dance:

Oh top tips girls, although a bit sneeky, when you go to a car boot, use an old purse to hold your money (I changed mine for a nice glossy next one a few mths ago) and so used my old one which was dead tatty, and don't bother dressingin anything special or posh looking - sounds silly , but your'll get a much better price! Don't be scared to offer or suggest a price too, you get used to it after a while.

Carefully check all cuffs of babygrows, collars/necks especially for milk stains, and turn them inside and out to check for stains etc, as you can get caught out, esp on a dark day!

I saw a book for my eldest, don't know if you know the books I mean (egyptology) fancy thick book with extra things inside and gems on front etc - one he has wanted for about two years, but at £17.99 too much when he chooses at xmas and chooses something else!

I got Egyptology, Pirateology, Dragaonology and Wizardology all for 50pence each, total £2 and saved £70 quid! He was over the moon!

Last edited:
Aww they are lovely! And such a bargain too! I can't wait till I can start buying stuff, it must make it feel much more real. Trying to put it off for as long as possible because when I start I don't think I will be able to stop! I think around the 15 week point is a good time to start though!

I'm never sure where to go although I know someone who goes to one so I may ask where they go :)

What a bargin you got there hun and the clothes are so cute yay xx i havent bought any yet thou ppl have

OMG, I was on my phone before, just had a close up, HOW CUTE!!!!! I LOVE the ducks! And teh coat, oooh I wana go shopping now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back