What clothes to buy? Complete panic!!

hesty14

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering what size clothes people are buying for their newborn? I have brought a pack of newborn & 0-3 babygrows but that is it. I have no idea what size to buy as it is such a gamble. I have no idea how many I will need to see me through the first week when I can send DH and parents out to get pink or blue stuff as we are currently team yellow

I just keep thinking what if buy loads of newborn and have a big baby that need 0-3 straight away and nothing fits and I have nothing to put it in.

Sorry for the ramble but it has really started to worry me!

I bought all 0-3 months and I bought lots of baby grows but I knew I was having a boy and to be honest the 0-3 months isn't really that huge and you need a fair few as they sick, poop and pee on them a lot, Jacob all gets me pretty much every time I change him, he does a pee all over the place!

I made the mistake with dd and bought some newborn and loads of 0-3 but she needed tiny baby when she arrived.

This time I've hardly bought anything a few new born a few 0-3 and then I'll shop when he arrives and I know his size lol.

I've bought some new born (only a couple), some 'up to 1 month' and some 0-3 months - having the same prob with not knowing how big babies gonna be!
trouble is because got to wash them first can't exchange them if baby too big that's why I've tried not to buy too many - easy to get carried away though :lol: xx

luckily enough I will have a scan about 36 weeks so I had an estimate for my son last time and he was tiny x just grab a few of each then buy once he or she is out like others have said x

Lucas was 6lb 13oz when born and lasted in newborn for 4 weeks so that size lasted for him. 0-3 would have buried him. You could just get a few of each size and then buy more when LO arrives and you know how big he/she is. xx

If you want to have a few stocked up, buy newborn packets but dont open them, then if you have a bigger baby, you can take them back and exchange them for next size up.

xxx

I go into Mothercare, have a panic about it all and then leave , so you are doing far better than me!!! lol The only thing I nearly snatched off the rail before I came out was a fluffy bear suit which I doubt will be needed when baby is due in April!!

I've got a few newborn things but will only wash the essentials and have kept the receipts so I can take some back if they are too small. I'm mostly getting 0-3 months will see how I go from there. I've also picked up some bargain clothes from boots in the reduced section in 3-6 and 6-9 for summer they have full outfits reduced and I've not paid more than £3 for a full outfit.

Tiny baby is diesieving my lo's fitted in them for first few weeks I would defo go for newborn xxx

I have bought the newborn ones or up to one month ones. I have some 0-3 months too, think that little man is going to be a big boy but prob be induced early so will prob be a normal sized baby!!! I think you just have to take a chance really!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back