Olivia Mae Squire 22nd June 2010.

bearsmummy

Reaction score
Right I am going to try typing this on my phone as the laptop is just too far away lol so please forgive any mistakes!

As many of you know from my moany posts over the last week I was overdue and in pain and extremely fed up. On Monday (day 11 of being overdue) I decided to ring my midwife and beg her to come and do another sweep on me in hopes of getting things started. Midwife came and o had my second sweep at 1.30pm. I felt fine and was happily bouncing away on my birthing ball to try get things moving.

At 4pm i started getting contractions that were mainly in my back but they weren't too bad so i decided I'd go to the shopping centre with my
mum to walk and get things moving quicker. I was fine still getting regular contractions and everything when I got home. At 12 I was still getting them and they were getting quite strong. I went to bed to try and sleep but nothing so I got back up and on my ball. My mum came in at 1am to see how I was and at that point they were getting alot stronger.

Half 1 I can't take anymore and get my mum up to take me to the hospital. I rang and they said to go in but if I wasn't in labour I'd have to go home who h is fair enough. I got there and was in so much pain I could hardly walk up to the maternity ward but managed it after about 20 minutes. Got examined and was 3cms dialated they asked if I wanted to stay or go home and I opted to stay as I couldn't face walking.

Got on the gas and air and was doing pretty well my wonderful mum was rubbing my back with each contraction which was working wonders and at 4.55am had some pethadine. I was bleeding pretty heavy at this point so they decided when the next midwife came on shift at 8am they would examine me and break my waters to make sure baby wasn't the one bleeding. Got examined and I was 8cms at half past 8 got my waters broke.

Olivia Mae Squire arrived at 9am after giving mommy a huge scare. She has lay on her cord and lying on my left made it worse I had to keep rolling on to my right which was agony! Also she came out with her cord wrapped around her neck twice.

She is my little miracle and I couldn't ask for a more beautiful perfect child. 7lb 10oz. I will try and update with a picture soon :)

7lb10oz little fatty xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 36
She is BEAUTIFUL! And Odhrán had that moses for downstairs! She is so so gorgeous Meeah xxx

Aww, well done, she's beautiful. xx Lovely story xx Hope it's me soon xx

Shes so lush :D And it all seemed fairly quick as well! Well done :D:D xxx

congratulations, shes a little stunner! u done so well xxx

Wow congratulations hun she's lovely!!! :) well done xxx

Aw lovely story x well done honey! x x she's so cute and looks exactly like her 3D scan x x

she's gorgeous!! Well done Meeah, sorry she gave you a fright, but I'll bet she was worth every second :) :love:

Congratulations Meeah!! She's a little cutie!! :) xxxx

:yay: sounds like you did really really well during labour :)
And she is absolutely gorgeous :D

congratulations hun! she's gorgeous and I love her name...xxx

Many congratulations and well done meah. What a beautiful little girl you have xx :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back