EVIE MAE BLACKBURN- 30th April 2008- 6lb 6oz

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
Around 10pm on 29th April i started getting pains in my back so took a couple of paracetemol, Tesco delivered the shopping because I'd booked the late night slot and I watched CSI.

About 12 I had to get out of bed and into the bath because my back was killing me and at 3 I had a bloody show so thought I'd ask Jon to time my 'back twinges' for me... they were every 4 minutes so we rang the hospital who said to go in.

When we got there @ 3.45am I asked to be monitored before I was examined because I wasn't sure if they were contractions... I refused the gas and air because I thought I'd seem like a right wally if I wasn't actually in labour! :lol:

Was examined at 4.30am and told I was 6cm! :shock: I jokingly asked for my epidural there and then but got in the bath instead. We rang my mum who came down at 5.15 ish by which time I'd tried gas and air; which I hated so didn't want any of. At 6.15ish I couldn't handle the pain with just water as pain relief. I was told I'd have to wait for another room before i could have it.

Just before 7am I was moved to another room- a bloke came in to do my drip before the anethetist came in... by which time I was butt naked on all fours and asked him "where do you want me?!" ( who needs entonox to make a complete fool of themselves!? :roll: ). He did my drip and ran... I asked to go to the loo before I had the epi and midwife wanted to examine me first- then told me I was ready to push when I needed to :shock: I only wanted a poo! :rotfl:

20 minutes later out popped Evie :D

I had a small tear where she came out superman style- hand up by head! but Other than feeling a bit tender down below I was glad for going natural- I got a 6 hour discharge and we are home now- adjusting to our new lives!

Its true what they say- once your baby is in your arms you forget everything else and I would do it a million times over for my gorgeous daughter!

n504729240_401338_590.jpg

Sounds like a perfect birth! Lucky you :) Shes beautiful, congratulations xx

Awwww she's perfect, and I'm glad it was quick for you!! Can't believe you did it without pain relief! Enjoy her :cheer: :cheer: :hug: :hug: :hug:

shes beautiful hun and what a brill birth story

inforabumpyride said:
I was butt naked on all fours and asked him "where do you want me?!" ( who needs entonox to make a complete fool of themselves!? :roll: ). He did my drip and

:rotfl:

congratulations hun she is lovely x

Crikey, I can hope for a birth like yours :lol: Apart from the 'I was butt naked on all fours and asked him "where do you want me?!" ( who needs entonox to make a complete fool of themselves!? :roll: )' bit of course :rotfl: Priceless

Congrats and glad everything went so well and you are all home safe and sound :hug: :hug: :hug: A cutie little bundle all wrapped up there :)

congratulations - she is so so tiny next to the teddy. You did brilliantly. My LO came out superman style too but I had loads of tears! I love her name.

Congrats Jade you did brilliantly and she looks so tiny and perfect :hug:

Wow, what a fantastic birth - hope mine is like yours!

Congratulations,

xxxx

She looks so tiny!! Well done you :cheer: :cheer:

I had the same as you....about to have a drip then thought I needed a poo. Midwife had to literally drag me off the loo lol

aww congratulations, shes gorgeous :) how much did she weigh?

Congratulations!

Can't see the pic, all i see is a red aquare, but i have no doubt she's gorgeous!

Shes a beauty and what a fantastic labour. I do hope mine is like that!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Wow sounds like you had a perfect birth ( well the best it gets )
I really hope im has brave as you.

Congrats on your new little girl chick xxx

Ok, I want your labour! Lol. it sounds like you did fantastically and congrats on your gorgeous girl, i love the name too, awwwww :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back