Olivia Grace 11.11.12 My little princess

kerrie89

Reaction score
So I've decided to start a parenting journal. I so regret not doing some sort of pregnancy diary and I seem to be on here so much more than when I was pregnant so thought here would be a good place to write whats going on and be something nice to look back on.

Im Kerrie, 23 and live in Derbyshire with my OH. We have been together for nearly 6 years and although baby wasnt planned, she is the best thing that has ever happened to us. My OH was so against haviing children and to see how much he loves LO is amazing.

So we brought a pregnancy test back in March and was so convinced it was a false alarm that I didnt take the test for days. We decided to take the test and I got my BFP on Mothers Day - how lovely!! OH was in shock - as was I but I was so happy. I think he cried for a week - and then another week because he was then happy and excited haha. He's a big softie as you will find out.

So then started 8 exciting, long months of preparing and waiting for baby to arrive. We had the 2 regular scans and we found out we were team pink in July. We then did up her room, took out a mortgage on our house and spent loads getting everything beautiful and homely for our baby girl.

I had a great pregnancy and loved being pregnant. I suffered with bad morning sickness from 5 weeks and was sick right up to day I went into labour. But for me I saw this as a good sign that everything was ok with LO and being sick was just a reminder that she was healthy - especially in the first few months.

I work in a nursery and was currently covering maternity leave and taking the role of acting manager (usually deputy) I love my job but towards the end I was so so tired. I finished work at 37 weeks. The first week of maternity leave was nice and I was busy doing lots of jobs. The second week was awful - I was so bored, fed up and couldnt sleep. Luckily for me my waters went at 38 + 5 and my baby was born 8 days early.

We named her Olivia Grace Poppy. Born 11.11.12 at 2.12pm weighing 8 lb 1 oz. We added Poppy in as she was born on rememberance Day and thought this was nice. (We call her Livvi a lot)

Throughout my pregnancy everyone has told me how 'small' my bump was and how tiny I was. This has been a big bug bare for me and drives me crazy even now when people still feel they can comment on my appearance.
Turns out I did have a small bump as I had no fat and was back in my size 8 jeans a week after giving birth BUT I did have a big baby. I am tiny and she was a week early.

So Olivia is here. She is perfect and I never thought I could love anything as much as I love her. I am absolutely amazed by her. She really is perfect. OH loves her so much and it is so nice to see just how good he is with her - yes he cried for about a week when she was born but out of pure happiness.

OH went back to work when Olivia was 2 weeks old. He works nights so Im going solo at night time but it works better for us and means we spend more time together than if he worked days.

Olivia is such a happy and content baby. She has suffered with colic and constipation BUT fingers crossed we have managed to sort it out with medicine and special milk. She has been a lot happier.

I am looking forward to chatting to other Mummies on here and sharing our babies milestones. Eeeek there is so much to look forward to.

Im going to try to add some piccys of Olivia now xxx

Aww, your OH sounds like such a softie!!
Conggrats on yur baby girl:) And the Poppy addition is lovely, really thoughtful! Look forward to reading your journal xx

Cant believe Olivia is 4 weeks old today and will be a full month old on tuesday.

Where did that time go?

I gave away some of her up to one month clothes to a friend who's having a baby girl yesterday, cant believe how quick she is growing. She is so long that she nearly fills out her 0-3 stuff in length!!

Bless her! We have the same problem, seb is nearly ready for 6-9 months at 4 1/2 months!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It goes soo quick!! I'm too tight to give away LOs small things, I want them all!! haha! x

Bless her! We have the same problem, seb is nearly ready for 6-9 months at 4 1/2 months!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Oh god. I thin Livvi will be the same. She's so long and I really dont know where she's got that from as neither us or famy are tall??

It goes soo quick!! I'm too tight to give away LOs small things, I want them all!! haha! x

Haha. I hated giving them away but 1 - i have no room to save them and 2 - when i have another baby (!!!) then at least i can have an excuse to buy new clothes haha. Livvi has sooo many clothes its unreal xx

Cant believe Olivia was a month old yesterday, it has gone so quick. We are finally settling down now and I have had a week of good night sleeps!! I feed her at 10.30 ish then she wakes at 3 then 7ish for feeds. She's a little superstar.

We are off to watch the nativity play at my nursery this morning. Im still struggling to stick to some sort of time plan when we have to be somewhere at a certain time - and today i have the added difficulty of haveing to de-ice my car! Grrrr!

Ive got her a little reindeer babygrow to wear and xmas bib - wish i could upload pics but i dont know how??? Well i do my my laptop wont let me? Can i do it on ipad?!

Cant wait to feel christmassy after the nativity xx

My little porker weighed 9 lb 7 oz today xx

Yey i finally managed to work out how to upload pics of my little lady

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111