Oliver burbidge 9.1.11*** updated with pics***

fairydust1984

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks to all the suupport you ladies have given me

I thought I would do thiS while it is still fresh

I went in to hosptial on 8th at 8.30 and they inserted a propess tampon slow release pessary

I didn't think it felt like it was in right but the mw said it was anyway it fell out by 1.00 pm with no sign of contractions

I notified the mw and she inserted a new one which felt much better and by 4.00pm I was getting contractions every 2mins lasting 30secs

I coped on my own untill 7.30 when I asked for some pain relif the mw did an internal and said you are only 2 cm so I am afraid not much else we can do boo hoo

I was put into a room on my own so dh could stay as we were still on the main ward and visiting hours were over.

I had so dihydrocodine and paricetomol but by 10.00 pm I was really struggling I asked the mw again and she said that all though the contractions were really regular they were not long enough I and why don't I try the bath I did but lasted all of ten minutes

She ofered me diomorphine I was really reluctant but took it as I was struggling bad. And was still on a normal ward I tried to sleep but the contractions were getting stronger

At 12.00 I said to dh you have to get the mw now he rolled his eyes and was like they won't do anything the contractions are not any longer but I was like no NOW

The mw came in and straight away said I need to examine you she said you are 9 nearly 10 I nearly died

I was ran down to delivery rooms with dh running behind i was screaming I need to push now just made it to the room and got gas and air

I started to panic and said I can't do this without an epidural they said no way now

I started trying to breath through them while they set up the room soo hard as I really wanted to push at 12.20 I started to push and by 12.54 Oliver was born not a speck of blood on him I needed a couple of stitches but not deep ones

He is gorgeous and his big bro loves him.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Congratulations - can't wait to see some piccies. xxxx

Congrats! That labour is so similar to mine. Sounds like you did fantastically! :yay:

Congratulations Hun xx

Congratulations x love his name!

Aw thats fab fairydust!
Congratulations :hugs: x

oh well done fairy great news roll on mine on wed. :) sounds like you did fab x

Congratulations to you!! That's a very good delivery, element of surprise and all that! Well done you. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back