Zachary Robinson - 24/07/10 - Updated with pics pg 2

Zazu

Reaction score
I have only just found the time to log for more than a minute since coming home!

My beautiful baby boy, Zachary Robinson was born @ 12.01pm on 24/07/10, weighing 7lb 5oz.

So, I woke up on Friday morning with mild period like pains, and must admit I did get my hopes up as I hadn't had any niggles before. They were there all day and gradually got worse, by 6pm, i was getting quite uncomfortable, so i got a bath. In the bath, i could see my stomach tightening and every time, an elbow or something stuck out, so i convinced myself it was baby moving and not contractions!

Around 8pm the pains started around my lower back, so i started timing them, they were about 45 seconds, 3 and a half minutes apart (the timings didnt seem right, too close together, so I thought it must be false labour). I rang the labour ward and they said it probably wasn't labour, as i wasnt sure and the contractions would be longer and probably not so close together as the pain wasnt unbearable.

At 2.30 am, i rang back, as they were over a minute long and more painful, but again, they said as it wasnt unbearable pain to just see how i go. At 4.30, I rang back and said i was going in, as i hadnt felt LO move in a while, and was getting worried.

Got to the hospital and they monitored Zach's heartbeat, all was fine. The midwife examined me and I was 6cm dialated. They put me in a delivery room and gave me the gas and air (Good stuff BTW!) and checked on me and baby every 15mins. At 9.15, she checked me again, expecting me to be fully dialated, but i was only 7cm :wall2:. She broke my waters to speed things up and the contractions started to get a lot more intense. The gas and air was starting to make little difference, so i asked for some pethadine. It helped but i was nearly falling asleep between contractions. When i was fully dialated, about 11.20, the MW told me to push when i needed to. I had to lie down, as they were struggling to find babys HB, so I just pushed and panted when the MW told me to (it wasnt as bad as i thought, but the stinging was unexpected).

He finally arrived at 12.01, they placed him on my chest and OH cut the cord, he was perfect and so peaceful, then OH had a cuddle.

I had the injection to pass the placenta, i didnt even feel it, and i had a small tear inside which they decided didnt need any stitches and would heal itself. The MW said I did really well an the labour was as straight forward as it could have been, and now my little man is here, its still so surreal!

Last edited:
brilliant! glad it wasnt too unbearable! well done and congratulations x

Fantastic news, congratulations!! :yay: Glad everything went well! Just what we like to hear :) Enjoy your little guy! Xx

Aw goreous story honey x x congratulations x

Congratulations!! :)
I've just realised we were due on the same day but both ended up having our Lo's early but still on the same day as each other!!! xxx

Well done you :)

Have you got a bigger pic? He looks so gorgeous but i can only just make him out :love:

Aw lovely! Many congrats and well done you xx

Hes gorgeous xxx Well done you sounds ike you were very calm xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back