Olbas Oil?

Heulyn

Reaction score
I've got an awful cold, and I'm not sure about using Olbas Oil?

I put it on a tissue, and sniffle at the tissue often.

The smell helps with the sickness, as it's minty [and powerful enough that it over-rides any other smells!] as well as de-congesting and helping to generally make my cold a bit more bearable.

The info book doesn't say anything other than "avoid taking uneccessary medicines in pregnancy", although I've never really thought of Olbas Oil being a medicine, as such.

Surely, if it was a problem, it'd say in the info leaflet?

Any ideas, girls? x

Last edited:
I'm no expect, but I would think it would be ok. The leaflet should mention if you shouldnt use it. Plus it is all natural ingredients, also it's not like you are drinking it, lol.

I hope your cold goes soon. My hubby has a cold at the moment and I am hoping he doesnt pass it to me.

Certain oils should be avoided in pregnancy, and this applies to all three of the oils in these decongestants (juniper oil, eucalyptus oil, and oil of pine needles). The fact is that all we know is that these oils may cause problems during pregnancy, and we don't know to what extent they could be used without causing problems. Obviously using a few drops on a tissue will not cause problems. Although you should avoid having full body massages using any of the 3.

Looked it up for you hun xx

Last edited:
Aha! I did have a go at looking it up, but I couldn't find anything that was helpful.
Thank you! :)

Thanks Rainbow, still feeling rotten, hope I feel better before Monday!

Certain oils should be avoided in pregnancy, and this applies to all three of the oils in these decongestants (juniper oil, eucalyptus oil, and oil of pine needles). The fact is that all we know is that these oils may cause problems during pregnancy, and we don't know to what extent they could be used without causing problems. Obviously using a few drops on a tissue will not cause problems. Although you should avoid having full body massages using any of the 3.

Looked it up for you hun xx

We that's something i didnt know. Thanks for finding, i would have thought it was ok.

It's bad that there is no mention of that on the packaging.

We that's something i didnt know. Thanks for finding, i would have thought it was ok.

It's bad that there is no mention of that on the packaging.

I know, you think they'd advise you, even if it only said not to use it as a massage oil in pregnancy.

I used Vicks Vapour rub for a few weeks when we first found out as I had a terrible cold! Baby seems to be happy so hope i've not caused any harm! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back