Blocked nose

kirlykird

Reaction score
help!

I've had a blocked..or should I say extremely blocked nose for 4 weeks now!

I can't take anything over the counter... all I can use is olbas oil or vicks ocasionally!

All doc says is this is normal... probably due to oestrogen and hormones and there's nothing I can do but ride it out!

I feel constantly bunged, full of mucus...( sorry tmi!) and can't breathe or talk properly half of the time!

Has anyone else had this or have ay idea how long it should last?

I feel like ripping my head off!!! :cry: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I had that so bad at your stage. I would put my head over a bowl of boiling water with olbas oil in and that would clear it for a while. To be honest if it got that bad especially at night i would have a squirt of otravine nasal spray and that would clear it for hours,i would only use it twice a day at the most though and the doctor said it wouldn't do any harm :D xx

Thanks so much for the reply!

So glad to hear that it doesn't stay the whole time! :D

Hi,
I had a blocked nose with keiran too and I have it again with this one.I use otrivine nasal spray twice a day which really helps. I used it all through my first pregnancy and it didn't do any harm so I amdoing the same this time.
Paula.x

ive had a blocked nose all the way through my pregnancy its driving me nuts!

ive got it plus if i try and blow my nose it bleeds :( xxx

Glad to know it's not just me!

I can go for days when it's okish but at the mo it's super bad, my mw advised stopping vicks sinex as it makes it worse.

using olbas oil on my pillow and tissue now and might try vapour rub!

Got to the point now where I can't breathe through my nose ...also have a really dry throat at night, put it down to tring to breathe through my mouth...having to take 2 glases of water to bed which doesn't help my peeing!!!! :doh:

Also does anyone ever wake up with a tingling tongue? Seems to happen daily to me! :shock:

I have been blowing my nose constantly for the last few days (and then it often bleeds). It doesn't feel lke a cold as I feel ok otherwise.

am fed up now with the bleeding nose :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back