OH's

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
Has everyone's OH figured out that you're having a baby yet??
Mine still can't seem to get his head around the whole thing, and I don't think he will until she's here :wall2: He keeps asking why I'm so tired, why I can't sleep, why I can't get off the sofa without his help :whistle:

Don't get me wrong, he's brilliant, but it's almost as if he can't see the bump!? I know it's easier for me to be excited, but I wish he'd show a bit more enthusiasm...I've done the whole nursery/shopping for baby by myself and I find it a bit sad that we can't seem to enjoy the pregnancy together.
Should I just be patient and wait it out??

My OH is pretty good but this is 2nd time around and his best mate (whose wife is also expecting) is useless - out drinking all the time, not helping out etc). I think blokes do tend to take a bit longer hon...he'll get there x x x

My OH was exactly the same! I brought everything for charley and he didn't seem interested when baby shopping. During tri 1, he'd have ago at me if the house was a mess or I couldn't cook tea because of ms, he didn't think it was bad!! Then during tri 3 when I got tired he was like, your tierd again?!! Why are you tierd, you haven't dine anything and you need the loo again?!!
Seriously they don't understand!!

My oh just saays i whinge too much and it cant be that bad??? Ive got agony in my legs nd he does try and help with that but most of the time tells me to put up with it. He did the nursery but has no ntwrest in clothes at all
I hope he realises baby will be here soon!

My OH is completely oblivious too. Hes forever telling me to man up about things and doesnt really know what to do when i cry for no reason lol, when we went shopping for my pushchair we went to toys r us with his parents and my mum, and i was just looking at things as we walked through and he got really angry and said "can we just go and get what we came for please" and stormed off! was so angry with him that he had no enthusiasm whatsoever. when it came to trying the pushchair he literally touched the bars and said "yeah thats fine". So far ive done pretty much everything and not expecting him to get it til shes here to be honest! x

My DH was crap! I'd have to do food shopping on my own, still do all the housework, carry stuff, painting! They just don't get it! They do get better when the baby arrives though!

Mine's not too bad, but sometimes he just doesn't get it! Like I can't keep up with him walking anymore, and getting up 3-4 times a night for the loo etc. I do hope he gets it soon!!

My DH has got better over the last few weeks - he's definitely doing more around the house but he's doesn't understand why I've bought everything that I've bought - he just doesn't think we need it all (and I have been pretty basic with the spending!). I know he's going to be great when the baby arrives but it's frustrating having to explain every purchase to him because he hasn't bothered to find out what we need etc.

I wouldnt worry about it cos im sure they are all the same. When i was pregnant with my first it was obviously new to us both and it didnt hit my oh til he seen the scan and asked "so she really is pregnant then?" lol. Then you should have seen the look of total disbelief and shock when she was born! Its hard for them to understand as there is obviously absolutly nothing for them to compare it too, we feel all the movements and are constantly aware that there is a wee baby inside us whereas they may feel the odd kick but its still not the same feeling it with your hand than actually feeling it inside you. There is also no way to explain to them what everything feels like, how you are feeling so tired all the time and sore. In a way its not their fault really but they all do change when the see the wee one being born, then it really kicks in! Just wait til you see their face lol, priceless!!!

Aww thanks everyone, I feel much better now! I think I'll just get on with it and wait for him to catch up!
He also asks about my spending - as I work at boots I was stocking up on any baby stuff that came on clearance, and he'd be like 'MORE nappies??' Then the other night I got him to read a bit of a baby book and it said that a baby may need changing after every feed...so he flicked to how many feeds a baby normally needs and just went 'oh my god, we're gonna need tons of nappies' haha!!

Mines is trying but honestly!!! When I say I am feeling a bit rough or tired hes like 'ur always ill' and when I need to go to bed early cause Im wrecked he cant understand this at all!! He trys to help around teh house but to be honest I am better off doing it myself!! Bless him he works hard to provide everything and does long shifts but at times I could scream at him! The joys of men!!

haha yeah my OH was the same with the nappies til we went to the neonatal ward only just wed and they said as the baby will be small it will need to be fed every 2 - 4 hours and its nice to change the nappy at the same time and Peter was like oh thats loads Claire we need more nappies!!!! I just gae him one of they looks

But cause we have had so many problems and lots of scans and the amnio he has been very good emotionally when it comes to all these things but like the walking I keep saying eh hello massive bump to drag about here and the house work he normally just sits on his bum
But other wise I must admit been very lucky if I dont have a good sleep at night he will make me go to my bed and I say Im not tires but when my head hits the pillow im shattered and sleep for hours lol

xx

I have a father in law who is a bit like this and has all the same problems as me too, LOL. I did end up laughing at him the other day, oooppsss. swollen feet, back ache, everything i happen to say, he has the same problem.

I have a father in law who is a bit like this and has all the same problems as me too, LOL. I did end up laughing at him the other day, oooppsss. swollen feet, back ache, everything i happen to say, he has the same problem.

My mum has been doing this too! its really starting to bug me! Dont know why she is doing it but im gonna have to say something if she dont stop it cos its really annoying :mad:

Sometimes i'm thankful for the dad not being around tbh, I have an OH though and he is brilliant but not overly enthusiastic as it's not his. But the dad atm is in devon without anyway for me to contact him he has attended all the scans but he denied it all at the start and when i went into hospital with stomache cramps early on he didn't even turn up even tho i'd told him. so yh men can be giants penis' xXx

soo funny reading some of your OH stories girls.

Mine will do something if I ask him, but won't think to- if I don't ask, he listens but rarely comments if I moan eg bad back etc, but leaves me be. I know he knows what's coming as Devon is baby 4, so I know he knows! ha ha He can enjoy some peace now.. He never says anything about the 13 packs of nappies I have stashed on the bedroom, as they will be used0 he sees it as if I have brought them, it's less for him to sort later! He will still be a tad rubbish later on, like I have filled Devons drawers with stuff in OH order instead of mine. so top drawer is newborn sized or 0-3 smaller stuff as he has no clue as they all varie, with 1x body sitting with 1x matching babygrow , same for all, so no thinking involved when i'm in hosp, then in same draw, spare breast pads, spare muslins, spare mat towels for me, spare cotton wool, then everything else in other draws not for him touching! (Will label drawers too nearer time, as he can't think when he panics after birth as is sole charge of all kids as well!)

Hehe JJ, reminds me of when my dad was in charge when my siblings were born (there are 3 younger than me). Whenever we found out mum was pregnant we were all well chuffed cos it meant 2 weeks of eggy bread, cheese on toast and pancakes as that was all he could make at the time!

My OH is training to be a nurse and the other day he was like 'Oh, if you give birth at the hospital during the day I can just nip over and go to any lectures that I need to cos my lecture room is just across the road, good idea eh?' I was like WHAT? He'd better have been joking :)

Has everyone's OH figured out that you're having a baby yet??
Mine still can't seem to get his head around the whole thing, and I don't think he will until she's here :wall2: He keeps asking why I'm so tired, why I can't sleep, why I can't get off the sofa without his help :whistle:

Don't get me wrong, he's brilliant, but it's almost as if he can't see the bump!? I know it's easier for me to be excited, but I wish he'd show a bit more enthusiasm...I've done the whole nursery/shopping for baby by myself and I find it a bit sad that we can't seem to enjoy the pregnancy together.
Should I just be patient and wait it out??

I had this! The crunch came when my blood pressure was high and Dr told me to rest. He was very sweet during my 'time off' work.

As for all the shopping - I'm in the same boat as you. I have done all the shopping for the nursery so far, baby clothes (with help from my Mum!) The only thing he has bought is some sleep suits (3 pack) and paint for the walls in the nursery (which he has done!!!) He has made me promise not to buy the moses basket or bouncer as he wants to buy these, but I'm one of these people that wants it NOW! But I'll have to wait and give him "gentle reminders" each week!

I can't make my mind up with my hubby whether it is a male thing or a family name thing. I haven't said anything until now, but I have been a little taken back that his family have not bought anything yet, or even offered. Whereas my Mum has bought the pram (3 in 1 with car seat) and upteen baby clothes. I daren't say anything, but I just don't understand why his family don't want to get anything. I feel cheeky expecting things, but isn't that what Grandparents do??

Have you tried sitting down with hubby and telling him what you're going through?? You're carrying a baby!!! :lol:

My DH was crap! I'd have to do food shopping on my own, still do all the housework, carry stuff, painting! They just don't get it! They do get better when the baby arrives though!

I agree with this, what a diference since Noa is born. Demba gets excited when Noa have a poo as he get the one on one with noa at the changingtable :wall2:

Last night He went up to change noa and i went in to the living room to sit there and do the feed, im in alot of pain so Demba went and got my phone and said "ring me so i wake up when you are finish and i come and help you get up from the sofa and i can do the winding" bless him!

so it does get better when baby is here :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back