Oh no!!!! Might have inlaws staying for 3 whole weeks!!!

SarahH

Reaction score
My husband arrives back from offshore on the 21st of this month and his Mum and Dad are arriving on the 24th for 3wks.

But.... when they are over they usually spend most of their time at my SIL (as it's their own house - SIL just took over the mortgage) and spend the occational night with us. We still meet up with them almost everyday, but the nights they went back to SIL and we got a quiet evening to ourselves. Don't think this is going to happen this time tho as our nephew has got chicken pox and non of the imlaws have had them. My SIL claims (she is quite good at making stuff up) that my FIL is at higher risk of catching them because he had cancer 6yrs ago - has been clear for 5yrs.

I dont think he is at any higher risk... but never mind that..... this all means they will be staying with me for a full 3wks! :shock: I do love them to bits, but that means I will have about 3 days with my husband and Arianna ourselves before he leaves again :cry:
I will have 4 adults and 1 toddler staying in a 2 bed apartment for 3wks!!!!
This means a pull out bed in my living room for 3wks!!! :shock: :shock:

I just want to cry/scream!

surely if your nephew has the chicken pox now your in laws should be okay by the 21st. Obviously you should check with the proper health people but don't they say that once the last spots have appeared, the pox is no longer infectious?

So even if they need to spend a week with you, they could then go and stay with SIL?!

I hope so for you sanity!!!

well I thought once the spots were out you were fine too... but she is saying 10-21days before you are safe :think:

Let's just get a few facts right;

1. You can have asymptomatic chicken pox, ie with no symptoms, so they may well have had it. I happen to know because i found out I was pregnant with Vic when my eldest had it. I was convinced that I had not had it, but the tests said i had. the doctor explained that you dont always have spots or even a high fever...
2. As someone just said when all the spots are out, it is no longer contagious so...

They can always spend the first week with you and then move. After all, the flat is just tooooooooooo small for all!

Hope you sort it hun, :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: Lisa

aaaagh. That kind of thing happens to me. Really really hope something works out for you. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww Sarah :hug: I love my in laws too but couldn't stand the thought of being holed up with them for 3 weeks. Especially cos you don't spend much time with OH as it is with him working off shore.

Like everyone else said your SIL is talking out of her arse regarding the chicken pox. I'd explain nicely that although you love spending time with them because of Brian working offshore your time on an evening together is important and they can either stay with SIL cos you have checked and it would be fine etc or they can stay in B&B - I kow it sounds harsh but thats what I would do :hug: :hug:

:doh:
i get on with my in-laws but 3 WEEKS... I think i'd move house...

3 weeks is a hell of a long time :shock:

I couldnt live with my in laws (or my own parents for that matter ) for that long. I like my space! Hopefully you'll get ot sorted so your SIL takes them in :hug:

I agree with sweetcheeks, id be saying its SIL house or a hotel!

once the spots have come out the perason is no longer infectous.

sorry sarah, hope goes ok hun and just count down the days i hope all is ok :hug: :hug:

The chicken pox thing will be fine by the time they arrive.

I really feel for you babes. I put my foot down about my MIL coming for 2 nights. 3 weeks is like a living nightmare. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back