Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!!

SarahH

Reaction score
I just want to rant.... but my bl**dy SIL is a pain in the arse!

I love her to bits, but she can be so so petty sometimes.

My inlaws arrive on Monday so while I was on the phone to them I said I was going to make a big pot of broth to take round to SIL's for them arriving as with them home from the states and Brian home from Trinidad they will all be feeling the cold...
Anyway, my MIL was delighted with this, told me that my SIL was planning on cooking a buffet for us to pick at so to call and check with her first.

So I did, called her asked her what she was doing, she said she was just going to cook a small ham and a small chicken and some veg for dinner. I told her my plan for the soup and said it could be used at lunch time (as they arrive at 10am) or as a starter to her main meal in the evening.... and she went in a sulk! Told me I always try to out-do her when it comes to her parents, blah blah blah....

To which I replied "it's a pot of F*ckin' Soup!!!" :roll: :roll:

Arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh, now I dont know whether to make it or not, make it as the inlaws are expecting it, or don't make it to have an easier life from my sil. :x :roll: :x :roll:

Some people can be so touchy can't they. I can't see why you can't have both, sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Maybe she's on the rag? :think:

I would still go ahead and make it :wink: :)

I'd make the best soup you possibly can... and maybe bake a cake too. If she thinks you are upstaging her you might as well make a real effort!!! :rotfl:

inforabumpyride said:
I'd make the best soup you possibly can... and maybe bake a cake too. If she thinks you are upstaging her you might as well make a real effort!!! :rotfl:

:rotfl: brilliant.. Sarah do this!

At the risk of being the bad guy I can sort of see where she is coming from. Sure its just soup but but maybe someone else making something which might be better than her dinner (maybe she isnt a good cook) might make her feel a bit left out.

Get baking! its not your fault that shes been petty, shes being a dumbass!

Now you have to real outdo her just to annoy her lol

inforabumpyride said:
couldnt agree more :lol:

lauramumof2 said:
At the risk of being the bad guy I can sort of see where she is coming from. Sure its just soup but but maybe someone else making something which might be better than her dinner (maybe she isnt a good cook) might make her feel a bit left out.

I agree - although you are offering to do the soup because you've been asked by them, maybe she doesn't see it like that. Is it a big deal her parents coming over? Maybe she wants to do a big meal in her house for them without any help?

I know you are being kind, but I may have felt similar if I wanted to cook for my folks and hadn't had them visit in a while. I know your intentions are honourable (I'd have the soup - yum!) but could you cook your soup for everyone the following day?

Xxx

Hmm sounds like she's jelous!
I would still make the soup, like you said its only bloody soup, she's gonna be making the whole meal so whats the problem?? :roll: If you weren't to make any effort at all then you would still be the bad guy so go for it hun!

Babylicious said:
I would still make it, sounds like she needs to grow up :roll:

i agree, your a grown woman, if you wana make soup to take then do it!

Get cooking Delia! Make a soup to out-soup all soups!

Hey Sarah,

Good luck for tomorrow - what did you decide to do in the end?

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back