Oh i am so bored!!!

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
What do you girls do??? I sit about doing nothing all day!!! Once the pots are done, housework i am bored. Its driving me down the bend and am starting to feel a bit depressed about it to be honest! OH only works mornings so its the same for him and he was complaining about it before. Its not like we have the money to go to town (i hate window shopping) Someone HELP i am driving myself round the bend!!! What do you lot do when at home? My house seems so boring compared to everyone elses...me and OH have no conversation whatsoever as were together 24/7! I get a sore back with sitting on the computer because i have nothing better to do! I sit and feel sorry for myself all day, doesn't help that i hate the house either! I have been doing a jigsaw but gave up for a while as it is the hardest jigsaw ever lol! Any advice ladies xxx

I work mon to fri! So being at home is lovely when I can do it. Tends to be as u say, house work etc! Then its telly or going out for meals! I was just thinking how I'd love a drink and a dance and to feel like that again but I'm happy giving it all up for my little man! :) but I do get a weee bit bored but I do actually love my me time, as I'm quite an independent person and am not always feeling social ! Have u thought about volunteering or anything like that? X

Last edited:
m.... read a good book, watch some good films, listen to good music - they say it's good for the baby :) Or wWrite a journal about your pregnancy - now is the time!

I was gonna suggest voluntary work but you're getting quite far on now so I'm not sure how organisations would view that. I've done some fantastic voluntary stuff over the years and its been really rewarding and helped me stay sane when I've not been able to be in paid work.

I'm trying to think of other things to suggest, I go for walks, meet friends etc. This last few days I've started to feel a bit bored and lonely so today I made sure I got out the house. I've been so busy since moving into this new house and trying to organise things for baby arriving, but things are very nearly done now. So I'm trying to make plans to see friends and make sure I'm not stuck in the house all the time. Thing is sometimes friends are busy and then sometimes there are people who I thought were friends that aren't. I'm getting knackered out just walking round town now as well.

x x x x

I'm struggling already! My hours at work have been dropped down from full time to 15 a week so i have an awful lot of spare time. My dogs get ALOT of walks lol!

I'm a craft addict so never bored, I work from home selling my work online. Have you tried taking up knitting or sewing, you could make a cute blanket or something for the baby. I learnt to knit when I was pregnant with my daughter and made her a lovely blanket, I was well chuffed with it! I also did a sampler cross stitch which I later added her name and date of birth to. We're also keen campers so plan to still be camping and walking ( maybe not cycling tho!) until I pop! I got to the gym most days ( altho been feeling too sick last couple of weeks!) Or you could try painting something to put on the baby's nursery? I think there is a craft out there to appeal to everyone and some are very cheap to start especially if you use recycled stuff. Or what about a short 6 or 8 week course in something at your local college, some are free or you can get funding if you ask what's on offer in your area. Lots of people say a baby or child first aid one is priceless, unless your a nurse or something! Hope you find something you enjoy to make the most of your last few months of freedom!

Last edited:
I'm the same since stopping work. Sooooooo bored. I try to plan my day ahead but tbh I end up quite depressed sitting in on my own, all my friends work mon-fri. Bored bored bored :( x

Thanks girls, yeah i found out i have no friends so meeting with friends is out of the question. I usually see my mam all the time as we are close but shes been working alot latley trying to get loads of shifts in to pay for the baby stuff and then when the baby is here shes cutting her hours.
Would like to do something for babies nursery, it would have to be something for the wall because i am hoping to move! If i was in a house i wanted to be in i could be decorating the nursery now :( :( :(
I used to know how to knit when i was little. Wouldn't have a clue now!
Walks...i am not sure, where would i walk to lol. I also get out of breath very easy now :( maybe a slow walk somewhere... but i have no idea where. I hate going town with no money either.
If i had money i wouldn't be bored lol!
Me and OH just watched a film tonight so that put 2 hours in :)
Half of the time i sit there and day dream about moving house and finding somewhere i am happy to live without an arsehole Landlord! A bit sad but i really want that comfortable family home sort of feel. xxx

Last edited:
I know how you feel about hating your house too. I have the worst neighbours, they are noisy 24/7, right now they are having a party and karaoke, I could scream they make me so angry. Putting our flat up for sale soon and going to rent somewhere, I'm praying this happens soon. Cos I'm sat in all day bored, the neighbours just make it worse. x

What a nightmare! Have you spoke to them and asked them to be a bit more quiet. My neighbours on one side, the woman is the nosiest bitch ever!!! I catch her spying out of the curtains in the dark! I was hammering a nail into the rabbit hutch as the rabbit got out and it was night time and there she was in the back bedroom window (which isn't her room its her grandchild's) lights off curtain twitching!!! Argh lol xxx

Well I work full time so I'm not home that much, but I still keep busy, I'm also a crafty person and run a business from home so doing stuff for that takes up a lot of 'spare' time lol then I like to draw or paint, I have taken up knitting and I love to watch movies :)

Maybe try a couple of craft things out that mean you could make something for the baby? At least then you would be working towards something?

my weekends go too quick.......im still working to so i cant wait to get some time off soon... I have a 5 year old already so will see to him but any "me" time i think i will do things like
. Arrange/sort out all the baby things ?
. Give my house a major once over b4 little on here
. Finish my older sons craft book
. Catch up with family and friends :)
il prob be bored after a few weeks to lol

Id agree maybe an online course would be good for u gives u somthing to do and will keep u busy. x

I'll have to see if theres any craft shops near me next time i get paid! :)

Where would i find good online courses? xxx

I work full time too and by the time I have got home and settled it is gone 8, would love to have a bit of free time but when I do I just walk the dog and I do cross-stitch, latch hook rugs etc which I have made a couple of bits for the little un and will put them in his room. How about going to the swimming baths or taking some classes to mix with people? x

I'd love to go swimming theres a pregnancy aerobics class was going to go with a lass i used to work with as she is a few days ahead of me but i don't think i would feel comfortable in a bather/bikini. Really not feeling confident after the weight i have put on...i think thats one of the things that stops me doing anything xxx

I'd love to go swimming theres a pregnancy aerobics class was going to go with a lass i used to work with as she is a few days ahead of me but i don't think i would feel comfortable in a bather/bikini. Really not feeling confident after the weight i have put on...i think thats one of the things that stops me doing anything xxx

If its pregnancy aerobics is that not better if u a little worried about ur size as every1 will be in the same position:dance:

i think u need to get use to getting out and about again as wont be great for the buba being in all the time and u can somtimes feel a little more isolated as a new mum.. Why not start looking into baby groups and go along now get to know every1 b4 u start going wi ur wee one:lol:
x

am so bored aswell hun and its frustrating a only work thursday and sunday and actually look forward to they days apart from tidying up this house its nightmare and am not in to reading books or anything and u always need money do stuff they should set up groups a think for mummy2be in peoples areas people could chat have coffee and that x

Thats one of the reasons i am looking forward to the baby being here, i love being busy lol! As stupid as it sounds bring on the running around lol!
Al you girls have gave some great advice...will see if i can pluck up the courage into going swimming :shock:
Need to get more DVDs bought too when i get some money and see if theres a craft shop around here :)
xxx

If its pregnancy aerobics is that not better if u a little worried about ur size as every1 will be in the same position:dance:

i think u need to get use to getting out and about again as wont be great for the buba being in all the time and u can somtimes feel a little more isolated as a new mum.. Why not start looking into baby groups and go along now get to know every1 b4 u start going wi ur wee one:lol:
x

Can you go along without a baby lol? Need to find out about them xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back