Off topic but... Im awake because of my dog*updated my car broken in!*

Pregnot

Reaction score
my dog is really protective of the house so anyone who comes to the door , any noise etc he's all over it.

We live on a small very very quiet cul de sac

Anyway about 5 mins ago he sprints off the landing downstairs where he does a couple if growls then proper barking as I'm lay upstairs with bedroom window open I hear what sounds like someone dropping a pop bottle but then I hear proper sprinting like someone running away

It's not hard to hear our street I'd silent it was definitely the sound of a person running our dog waited about 6 mins n he came back up to lie on the landing - he's s very good dog isn't he?

I'm awake now because il find it hard to sleep as il be worried now but I suppose Ben might have scared whoever off from doin whatever they were doing?

Last edited:
Omg just looked out the window someone broke into my car stole all my bank card, sat nav etc etc

Waiting for police !!! Why didn't I look sooner??

I've been lay in bed and I kept thinking about the bottle noise I heard, I just thought il look out the window to see if there's a bottle on the street

Low an behold my dogs water carrier bottle is on the floor out side my bott wide open 2 side passenger doors ajar glove box open and middle compartment where my sat nav was

Ben obviously scared them off because thy didn't get the charger or attachment for it but they did get my bank card
Have rang police and waiting for them to come after 8am she said it will be

I usually leave my work laptop in the car overnight I shouldn't but I do quite a lot of the time and last night I didn't!
something not adding up here tho because as I said we live on a very very quiet cul de sac whoever it was would have passed 20 cars before getting to us as we are the corner house
There is even a car opposite with its sunroof open!!

I feel really uneasy about this as it seems to me that its pretty directed at my car! I even have a bracelet in the glove box they not taken that!
thing is also I recently moved my fuel card normally it's in the car in the middle bit but I put it in the sun visor thing because I always have to rummage for it so my oh put it in there for me - they haven't got the fuel card

In a way I wish they had because then if they tried to use it we would know!
there's another thing but I can't post publicly just incase but I will definitely be speaking to the police about it - something very co incidental

All I keep thinking is why didn't I look sooner

:O !!!!!!! :shock:

Omg!!!!!!!! Jesus christ!!!!!!

Hope they find out who did that!!!!! Were u alobe in the house!?

Ahhhhhh what shits!!!! Don't let it shake u up huni, these idiots do it to people all the time, it's just sick. Lets hope the police can find out who did it.
God I'm fuming for u!!!!!'

Xx

no my oh was in bed with me when I said I heard someone running away he was like no you didn't

Then as I have anxiety about break ins anyway I didn't want to look but couldn't settle I kept thinking I need to see if there is a bottle on the street I didn't even think bens water carrier was in the boot to be honest I just thought I wanted to see if there was a bottle on the street before I could settle back to sleep

I know but it seems abit to targeted for it to be just anyone I mean our house is the last in the cul de sac there's loads of cars nothing of mine was in display - usually though my laptop and phone is on display so my oh thinks its someone who knows I leave stuff in my car or someone leaflet distribution that's seen during the day

I don't know but I'm worried my anxiety will kick in again I've not fully gotten rid of it I only just in the last year have started leaving the bedroom after I've gone to bed to go to the toilet, I stopped blocking my bedroom door up at night about 3 yeara ago but still can't look outside the window in the dark

I am worried now as its too targeted to be just anyone trying their luck what if they come back and break in the house?

Oh my god thats awful! Good on ben for disturbing them! Try not to worry huni, speak to police about ur concerns but it could unfortunately been random, some times these scum only go for certain cars thats easier to break into or something like that. Try not to stress, hope the cops will be helpful x

Last edited:
Oh hon you poor thing! That would of terrified me! What's these awful people never consider is the psychological affect stealing has on people! It's not about the belongings really!
It sounds like they knew there would be easy access to some stuff in the car - like your oh said its more than likely a opportunistic leafleter!
I really don't think they would come back now for anything or come to the house I do think its a one off as they were disturbed and know you're more than likely going to call the police so I really don't think there's any danger of them coming back. You poor thing! That's really horrible! Please try and not let what these inconsiderate low life's scare you xxx

Aw hun!!! Pls explain all this to the police and i strongly suggest going to ur gp this week and explain whats happened so they can try and offer so help for you, u dnt need this stress whild pregnant and u dnt want it all coning back if u been doing so well!

I hope it wasnt targetted n it was just a drunk that seen what u had in car on didplay.

Pls dnt let it play over n over in ur mind. Try n rest! Doesnt sound like u slept at all after this xxxx

:hugs:

Oh no Hun that sounds awlful! You really dont need this stress at moment. At least you can cancel bank card so it's only the sat nav. Really hope the police can get something like finger prints. I had my car broke in at uni and they searched for finger prints but only found mine so must have wore gloves. They also know now that you have a very good guard dog so won't target you again. I hope you feel better once you have talked to police. Xx

Well just had scene of crime on they said as nothing much was touched except water bottle that my oh put back in they would struggle to get prints and just that they have recorded it, I spoke with my mum she said it could be coz of warm weather people just looking for chance a car has window open or something

Mine didn't but I suppose she could be right?
I'm
Knackered now getting ready for work! I made Ben a sausage for breakfast for being a good dog!

Ah im sorry to read this! And that there is nothing the police can really do. :-(

Try not to stress though. I highly doubt it was aimed and even if it was, he thinks he has everything now so cant come back for anything else.

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Aw little sh*ts!! Sorry Hun how annoying. Hope u find them, but what a good dog u have xx

Last edited:
OMG! People that do things like that really make me sick! Unfortunately they'll probably get away with it too. I'm also like you - if I here something I can't settle until I've looked outside to make sure everything's ok! Xx

so sorry to hear this pregnot!!! I am sure it was just opportunists. good on Ben though clever dog and they now no there is a protective dog in the house.

Try not to stress, I realise that it easier said than done, if you feel your anxiety is coming back get yourself to your gp asap hun xxx

Theiving b*****ds I don't think you were targeted just unlucky, if it hadn't been for your dogs brilliant guarding the whole cul-de-sac would have been done. Perhaps you should get a neighbourhood watch started.

big hugs. theives are evil and horrid. god you have ben though he sounds a veyr brave doggy and would always protect you xxx

Sorry to read this! Some people are just scum. Good work Ben on scaring them away!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back