At the end of my tether and in need of advise:-(

jellybean

Reaction score
I appologise for this thread from the start because I am feeling all emotional at the moment which doesnt help. I am 25wks pregnant with my second and have a little boy who will be 3yrs at the end of June. We have been very lucky with our little boy in many ways, especially with his sleeping. he has slept through the night pretty much from about 8wks old and although he has never really slept though the day, we can't complain coz the nights have always been ours. We put him in a big boy bed just after christmas and I thought I may have had a few problems with him getting up, but he's been great. In the last couple of months though, we have noticed that he has been increasingly grummpy and hard to handle come evening time which is normal if he hasn't had a 30minute power nap in the afternoon, but where as he would go to bed at 7pm and have his 12hrs sleep, he's still going to bed at the same time, but staying awake untill past 9pm sometimes 10pm playing around, which is then having an affect on his behaviour the next day as he is still waking up at the same time. I have tried changing his pattern so that he has a snooze in the afternoon which he refuses, we have tried putting him to bed later and that doesnt work either. I honestly don't know what do do anymore as he is not the type of child to sit down for half an hour watching t.v-he is constantly on the go and his lack of sleep is having a general affect on his behaviour during the day, which is also having an affect on me too as I am getting really tired now and just need to rest some days. Really sorry for such a long thread, but just need to vent of some frustation:-(

Does he goto nursery ? maybe hes had a bad experience, either being told off or another child not being so nice to him? and thats affected him and his only way to vent it is to play up, have you tried talking to him and asking him why hes not going straight to sleep and playing up ?

Yes he does go to nursery 3 mornings a week which he seems to love. we have noticed that he is picking up bad habits from the nursey, but have just put that down to an age thing. When I ask him why he doesnt want to sleep he says he is not tired-even when he can barely keep his eyes open! I have changed tactics in the past 2 days though and insted of attempting to have a 'rest period' in the afternoon, we are going on a long dog walk even though I know he is exhausted which is a hard task, but he went to bed at 6.30pm last night and was out for the count so heres hoping!

It was when this happened to my lo's at just before 2 that we had to abandon nap times completely :(

But you weigh up if you want an earlier bedtime (which I defintely did) or let them nap and put them to bed later :)

My 15 month old refuses to nap during the day now don't get me wrong he is a brilliant baby but now I'm pregnant I'd like a little nap during the day too but all he ever seems to be is on the go even when he is rubbing his eyes he manages to wake himself right back up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back