Off to A+E :-(

rheannymac

Reaction score
About 20 minutes ago I was getting Harry changed on his chngin unit, the ones that are about 3 foot high, I turned literally for a second to grab a Tshirt for him and he tried to roll onto his tummy and threw himself off the side. I tried so hard to grab him in time but I couldn't and he landed on the side of his head.
He seemed fine after about 5 mins of screaming but I wanted to phone nhs24 just to make sure and they've asked us to go up to the hospital just to make sure he's okay.
I'm so worried, what if its damaged his head? So terrified.
We're just driving through just now, the nurse on the phone said she would fax ahead & let them know we're on our way so hopefully well get taken soon.
Will keep yous posted xxx

Oh Hun!!!!!! What an awful thing to have happened. Let us know as soon as you do, I will be thinking of you both xxxx

Oh Rheann :( poor little Harry! I'm sure he will be fine but its definitely better to make sure! Big hugs, will be thinking of you xx

Oh no! freya has tried to do that a few times.

Try not to worry, am sure he will be fine. I saw a baby fall onto a concrete floor from a height of about 3ft too at swimming last week and he was ok.

good luck x

Bless you both, these little monkey's. I am sure he is fine but its good to get checked out xx

Hope he's ok Hun, Chloe fell on the floor (from the sofa) when she was approx 6 weeks old and cried for about 5 minutes until I put a bottle in her mouth then she was fine.

Babies are taugh little thinks but I was so worried to let her go back to sleep and felt so bad for days after I understand how you feel but most babies on the planet have a few wakes and falls so I'm sure all will be ok.

You are doing the right thing getting it checked. Hope sells ok sweet. X

Big big hugs hun. Im sure that harry will be fine, glad he is getting checked over. These things happen so quickly and im sure its happen to lots of mummies. Try not to worry xxxxxx

Better safe than sorry hun, look forward to hearing that he's had the OK from the Dr!

xxxxxx

aww bless ya, dont beat yrself up, u wont be the first or the last, lets hope little man is ok :) big hugs xx

I hope he is ok xxx I am sure Amelie will fall at some point too from somewhere as most babies do at some point.

Thanks so much for the well wishes ladies.
Just back from the hospital, he was checked over and given the all clear. The nurse checked him over then sen him to the paediatric unit to be checked over further just to be on the safe side. Harry was being his usual flirty self with all the nurses and was smiling & chatting away so I'm a lot happier. I still feel awful, really really awful but I know it's no ones fault. I've told OH to dismantle the changing unit tho, Harry's tried a few times to roll off it so I'm not risking this happening again. We have a normal changing mat too so we will just use that instead.
I think it'll be lots of kisses & cuddles for my little Harry bump tonight! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back