Been to A&E

Sassysugar

Reaction score
Colby developed a cough yesterday, so took him to the drs, she said it wasn't in his chest and not to worry, just keep an eye on him and if it gets worse to call the out of hours doctor.

He slept well last night (only had one feed between 10pm and 8am). But he woke up and his cough was a lot worse, so then worried that maybe he didn't feed as much as he was ill. He seemed fine in himself and didn't have a temp but just the cough was quite a bit worse.

Unless its a complete emergency, you have to ring the out of hours doctor first who assesses the symptoms and decides whether you should go to a&e. (I suppose like triage but without leaving your house)

The doctor said because of Colby's age we should bring him down to get checked. He was then put on the list at A&E so they knew we were coming. When we arrived, there was only about 6 people in the waiting room and no sooner had we checked in and sat down, then we were called through.

He checked him over and said he has a touch of bronchitis. I was quite surprised as I know a couple of babies on here have had it and ended up staying in hospital, but he said not to worry, there was nothing he could give him as its viral and sent us home. He said to keep an eye on his temp and can give him paracetamol and it will take about 10-14 days for the cough to go.

So we're back home and he's just had a big feed (pleased about that) and has gone down for his morning nap. Must say I'm impressed with the system over here, rather be at home than waiting to be seen for hours in A&E (though was probably seen quickly due to Colbys age). Just hoping it doesn't get worse

Thanks girls, he's still asleep, he must have been tired, wee pet

Hope the little man is better soon. Poor wee lamb. Hope you're ok too.xx

Ahh hope he gets well soon, seems so much of it about just now

Oh no, I bet you were really worried, did they give you anything for it?

Coughs is always one thing im not sure about, when is it ok, when is it a worry. I suppose if its a bad cough it shld be checked out by doc just incase.

xxxxxxx

Dr said there wasn't much he could give because it will be viral. Can just give paracetamol, so gave some calpol earlier. He's awake and seems ok in himself it just horrible when he starts coughing loads as it ends up with him wrenching :sad:

His nose has also Started running so must be getting a cold now too :sad:

What's the difference between bronchitis and bronchiolitis??? My gp said they are often confused but lily has bronchiolitis.. It sure sounds the same!

JM, I'm not sure?? Maybe that's what he said and I misunderstood

*off to google difference* lol

Found this, so he must have said bronchiolitis. There is a slight accent barrier as English isnt the first language and unfortunately I don't know any Danish, I wish I did. :sad:

Heres what i found.......
Two very similar sounding illnesses are not exactly the same. Bronchitis and bronchiolitis both affect the airways that lead to the lungs, but bronchitis is more common in older children and adults while bronchiolitis primarily affects young children.

About Bronchitis

Acute bronchitis is an infection that attacks the bronchial tubes which lead to the lungs. It most commonly follows another upper respiratory infection such as a cold or the flu.

About Bronchiolitis

Bronchiolitis affects mainly young children and can have a variety of different causes - most of them viruses. It is one of the most common causes of wheezing in children.

Thanks for that info! I hope he gets better soon it seems lots of babes have it ATM they say between nov and march is prime time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back