October Mummies!

Standard practice here is to have a dating/viability scan at 7 weeks :) it's to catch ectopic pregnancies before they cause damage, and to make sure the 12 week scan is booked for the right time as it's easy to go too late x

That sounds like a good system. Let us know how you get on x

Hi :wave:

Thought I would tentatively dip my toe into this group as I am just 6 weeks pregnant today :) How is everyone feeling? I have a little boy who is 6 and am struggling so much more this time! With my ds I didn’t feel pregnant at all the first 12 weeks but this time I’ve been tired and had waves of nausea on and off for the last few weeks :? I wonder if it’s an age thing? I’ll be 38 in a couple months :shock:

Hello and welcome <3

Aw bless you! Were you sick for your whole pregnancy last time? Australia sounds amazing! It’s so good they are on the ball!

I'm in Australia. Can't fault the medical system here, it's great. I've seen a lot of people on these UK forums who've lost a fallopian tube due to an ectopic rupturing.. The maternity care there seems a bit lax imo.

Thanks, I thought I had the sickness bad last time but I was soo wrong!!

I've had a bit of brown spotting/sticky cm today. Stomach feeling iffy.. not sure I'd say crampy. Feel a little anxious about it, anyone have any ideas? I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, got 3+ on a digi yesterday

Aw bless you! Were you sick for your whole pregnancy last time? Australia sounds amazing! It’s so good they are on the ball!

No, I threw up pretty much everyday from 7-17 weeks last time. But usually only once a day and the nausea didn't make life unliveable like it is at the moment. I'll be off to the chemist today to stock up on all the over the counter remedies.. B6, ginger pills, antihistamines, sea sickness bands... Hopefully something will help!

@Natalie8964 I've never had any brown discharge but loads of people have brown spotting and go on to have a healthy pregnancy. If it's just a little bit hopefully baby nuzzling in has just irritated your uterine lining a bit :) x

No, I threw up pretty much everyday from 7-17 weeks last time. But usually only once a day and the nausea didn't make life unliveable like it is at the moment. I'll be off to the chemist today to stock up on all the over the counter remedies.. B6, ginger pills, antihistamines, sea sickness bands... Hopefully something will help!

@Natalie8964 I've never had any brown discharge but loads of people have brown spotting and go on to have a healthy pregnancy. If it's just a little bit hopefully baby nuzzling in has just irritated your uterine lining a bit :) x
Thank you for replying. I never had any last time, so yeah I'm just hoping it's my little peanut getting nice and cosy! Its definitely made me a little anxious though. We had decided not to have an early scan but now I'm wondering if it's worth it in a couple more weeks. I'm so sorry you're feeling so poorly! I hope it doesn't last too long for you. I often wish I had more symptoms, how weird is that lol, my boobs have been very tender this week though! Xx

Hope you start to feel better soon WinterWolf! :pray: Think I would struggle if I was sick every day :sick:

Thank you for replying. I never had any last time, so yeah I'm just hoping it's my little peanut getting nice and cosy! Its definitely made me a little anxious though. We had decided not to have an early scan but now I'm wondering if it's worth it in a couple more weeks. I'm so sorry you're feeling so poorly! I hope it doesn't last too long for you. I often wish I had more symptoms, how weird is that lol, my boobs have been very tender this week though! Xx

Morning sickness is a double edged sword. Have it and you feel like rubbish, but at least you don't stress about baby. If you don't have it you feel great, but are stressed out. You can't win! Lots of people have minimal symptoms, so try not to worry. I'd have an early scan around 7-8 weeks to put my mind at ease if I was in your position x

In my first pregnancy we were offered a scan at 7 weeks as we conceived through fertility drugs. This time we conceived naturally but as soon as we found out we had already decided to go for an early scan as just can’t hear waiting until 12 weeks! So don’t blame you if you want an early scan just for peace of mind!

Morning sickness is a double edged sword. Have it and you feel like rubbish, but at least you don't stress about baby. If you don't have it you feel great, but are stressed out. You can't win! Lots of people have minimal symptoms, so try not to worry. I'd have an early scan around 7-8 weeks to put my mind at ease if I was in your position x
I totally get you! My mum sailed through her pregnancies with me and my brother without so much as a whiff of nausea. I really hope I'm just lucky like her! I've had no more spotting which is good. I had an early scan in my last pregnancy where we saw the heartbeat but we went for the 12 week dating scan and sadly baby had stopped growing after that. That's why we had kind of agreed not to bother, if that makes sense xx

In my first pregnancy we were offered a scan at 7 weeks as we conceived through fertility drugs. This time we conceived naturally but as soon as we found out we had already decided to go for an early scan as just can’t hear waiting until 12 weeks! So don’t blame you if you want an early scan just for peace of mind!
We had an early scan in my first pregnancy, and saw the little heart beating. But at the 12 week scan baby had stopped growing. So we had agreed not to bother this time, but I will see how my nerves go I think xx

We had an early scan in my first pregnancy, and saw the little heart beating. But at the 12 week scan baby had stopped growing. So we had agreed not to bother this time, but I will see how my nerves go I think xx

Oh how sad for you. I totally get that. Fingers crossed all will be well and you will see that heartbeat at the 12w scan! :)

@Natalie8964 Oh no, I can understand why you're hesitant then. Apparently morning sickness has a heriditary component, if your mum has it really bad odds are you will too, so hopefully you've just got her good genes :)

-
How's everyone else doing? I've just gone out and stocked up on all the over the counter nausea remedies... B6, ginger tablets, sea sickness bands, antihistamines (pregnancy safe ones) ... Hopefully if I use them all at once I'll feel a little more human lol.

@Natalie8964 Oh no, I can understand why you're hesitant then. Apparently morning sickness has a heriditary component, if your mum has it really bad odds are you will too, so hopefully you've just got her good genes :)

-
How's everyone else doing? I've just gone out and stocked up on all the over the counter nausea remedies... B6, ginger tablets, sea sickness bands, antihistamines (pregnancy safe ones) ... Hopefully if I use them all at once I'll feel a little more human lol.

Oh bless you, hope something works for you. Luckily I haven’t actually been sick I just feel sooo sick all the time. Even struggling to brush my teeth!

Just want to tentatively say hi!
I got my BFP yesterday at what I think was 10DPO from tracking ov, my LMP was 26th November so I can only guess from my positive OPK that my due date should be around October 27th!
My last 2 pregnancies ended at 16 weeks and 12 weeks so I'm terrified and excited all at the same time, I have got rid of the fibroid that was in my womb and I'm on progesterone this time though so here's hoping!!
Hope you're all well x

I got my BFP yesterday at what I think was 10DPO from tracking ov, my LMP was 26th November so I can only guess from my positive OPK that my due date should be around October 27th!
My last 2 pregnancies ended at 16 weeks and 12 weeks so I'm terrified and excited all at the same time, I have got rid of the fibroid that was in my womb and I'm on progesterone this time though so here's hoping!!
Hope you're all well x

Hello and welcome, hoping this is it for you <3

Oh bless you, hope something works for you. Luckily I haven’t actually been sick I just feel sooo sick all the time. Even struggling to brush my teeth!

Ergh last time I had to stop using toothpaste for a couple of weeks in tri 1. It set me off so badly! Thought my teeth would be ruined but they were perfect when I finally went to the dentist. Glad you've not thrown up yet.

My concoction of remedies seems to be helping.. I didn't throw up today and the nausea was much less intense for most of the day :)

Hope you're all well x

Welcome! I remember you from when you lost your bub at 16 weeks. Can't imagine how hard it must've been to have two late MCs in a row. Fingers crossed this one sticks xxx

Hope you're all well x
I remember you, I was also a september 2019 mummy. I had an mmc at 12 weeks this time last year. Congratulations and wishing you the best of luck, I'm sure these are our rainbow babies! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back