Numb

Rósa

Reaction score
After learning my baby had died on Monday and the evac yesterday am feeling totally numb, I want to cry but cant, Bawled my eyes out coming round from the general anesthectic (SP?), and felt totally stupid, but I don't want to feel numb, I want to cry, i feel I need to cry but I can't , is this normal?

Last edited:
I feel like that I feel like I have no tears left. X X big hugs

I felt exactly the same. I cried going under and cried coming round and then just felt numb for months afterwards. Alot of that was me supressing what had happened x the best advice I can give you is talk to your partner a lot. Don't shut people out and don't put pressure on yourself, everyone grieves differently and I found that spending time in the childrens memorial garden at the cemetery where I was told the hospital scattered the ashes was great for my grieving process x lots of love darling x x x

Hi Rosa,
I was supposed to have the surgery today but mine happened naturally yesterday.
I've had today off work as I am still not physically right to be working.
I know what you are feeling. I think I've concentrated so much on the physical side of things as it was so difficult that I've not really started to grieve yet.
I too don't think I have cried enough, I feel like I'm subconciously (sp?) trying to hold it together. I know it'll all come out at some point.

As Helen says, I think the important thing is to talk to people about it. Last time I had a miscarriage (about 7 years ago), I bottled it all up and didn't even talk to my husband. It damn near sent me round the bend and I ended up with depression. I didn't realise at the time that my husband was going through a grieving process too and I made this worse by shutting him out.

Take care Rosa, I'm sure you will deal with it in your own way and in your own time.
So sorry this has happened to you. I feel so bad for anybody having to go through this.

xxxx

Rosa, I really feel for you today

Don't forget you willl still be full of hormones playing havoc with your system too, take some you time, pamper yourself , make you feel better despite what has happened, it will help. Don't block it out and feel numb, thats the shock of it all, allow yourself to think about it, it will be hard and you will cry, but it will help you progress and recover emotionally, rather than delay things. Just posting in here about your day and how you are coping will really help you, It did for me X

Thinking of you Hun XJJ

Oh Hun there was only so many tears I could cry before I ran out then I just went quiet. The best thing I did was
Talk to anyone everyone
Even if I didn't think they would like wat I said I needed to say it because bottling it up wasn't right!
I felt cheated annoyed scared but once I had
Spoke and time passed I felt ok! Everyone is different and I hope you are ok!!! If you ever
Need to talk I am around x. X sending ou my love x. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back