November 2020 mums

@WinterWolf I havent had any bloods done since I was 4 weeks pregnant when I first went to my GP. That was also the only time my blood pressure and heart rate has been done. (Excluding when I went to ED recently). My cousin just had a baby and she was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes so I am interested in having that checked even though my risk is probably low. I also had too much iron funnily enough last time so I'm interested in watching what happens there. In healthcare it's most often the basics being done right that makes the most difference in my oppinion so it has all been an interesting experience. I'm also a worrier and tend to want to research every little thing...

@WinterWolf I havent had any bloods done since I was 4 weeks pregnant when I first went to my GP. That was also the only time my blood pressure and heart rate has been done. (Excluding when I went to ED recently). My cousin just had a baby and she was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes so I am interested in having that checked even though my risk is probably low. I also had too much iron funnily enough last time so I'm interested in watching what happens there. In healthcare it's most often the basics being done right that makes the most difference in my oppinion so it has all been an interesting experience. I'm also a worrier and tend to want to research every little thing...

They should’ve done your bloods when you had your Nuchal scan at 12wks. Did you not have the scan then? They don’t usually check for GD until 28wks anyway so you haven’t missed that one x

This is me at 17 weeks. 18w1d at the moment.

Getting lots of lovely strong movements which is very reassuring :) I was only just feeling butterflies at this point with DD, so I'm surprised how strong they are already

IMG_20200612_103613.jpg

This is me at 17 weeks. 18w1d at the moment.

Getting lots of lovely strong movements which is very reassuring :) I was only just feeling butterflies at this point with DD, so I'm surprised how strong they are already

View attachment 91006
Bumps getting big :) you look great!!

Glad your getting lots of strong movements, that's awesome. I had a really quiet day yesterday and feel like I'm waiting for baby to wake up today so I can stop worrying

Bumps getting big :) you look great!!

Glad your getting lots of strong movements, that's awesome. I had a really quiet day yesterday and feel like I'm waiting for baby to wake up today so I can stop worrying

Sometimes I feel lots of movement and sometimes I don't notice any for ages. I think when you are waiting for a kick you are more aware of the absence of movement so it seems even longer between movements than it actually is. I bet you get some strong kicks soon!

Sometimes I feel lots of movement and sometimes I don't notice any for ages. I think when you are waiting for a kick you are more aware of the absence of movement so it seems even longer between movements than it actually is. I bet you get some strong kicks soon!
Yeah, I know logically that all's probably fine and baby's just changed position, and I usually only feel kicks when I'm sitting or lying down. But my friend found out her baby had no heartbeat at the 20 week scan last year so I'm feeling extra paranoid just now. Part of me wants to phone maternity assessment but I know they'll just say it's normal and they don't do anything for lack of movement at 18 weeks.

Yeah, I know logically that all's probably fine and baby's just changed position, and I usually only feel kicks when I'm sitting or lying down. But my friend found out her baby had no heartbeat at the 20 week scan last year so I'm feeling extra paranoid just now. Part of me wants to phone maternity assessment but I know they'll just say it's normal and they don't do anything for lack of movement at 18 weeks.

I know what you mean, when you know someone who experienced something like that it becomes a milestone in your own pregnancy.

The chances of anything happening in this stage pregnancy is absolutely miniscule, but no doubt you will feel much better when you have your scan.

I know what you mean, when you know someone who experienced something like that it becomes a milestone in your own pregnancy.

The chances of anything happening in this stage pregnancy is absolutely miniscule, but no doubt you will feel much better when you have your scan.

Thanks for the reasurrance :) I just took my dog for a walk and got several strong jabs while out so baby is still there :) now to stress eat an entire packet or biscuits hah.

This afternoon I've had really bad period-like pain cramps so I'm in bed resting to see if they'll calm down. Fingers crossed it's just things stretching!

This afternoon I've had really bad period-like pain cramps so I'm in bed resting to see if they'll calm down. Fingers crossed it's just things stretching!

Sounds like it’s just muscles stretching. I hope it feels better soon! <3

@CrazyChic Lovely picture :D I can’t believe we’re all nearly at 20 weeks!

20+2 today and my first ante-natal clinic is done and dusted. Starting to feel like a real pregnant lady now.

@CharliC hope you are feeling better. I have had cramps that feel like period cramps on and off which is probably round ligament or stretching pains.

Hi ladies...
I hope this isn’t really obvious! (First time for me & have read different things and been told different things from a friend)
Are you allowed to eat mussels in white wine sauce?
It’s really not a big deal if I can’t but my partner has bought me some as I love them but I’m a bit worried to eat them especially when I’ve been told all sorts.
Hope everyone is doing well! I’m 20 weeks today and have my scan this weekend! Going sooooo quick for me!

Hi ladies...
I hope this isn’t really obvious! (First time for me & have read different things and been told different things from a friend)
Are you allowed to eat mussels in white wine sauce?
It’s really not a big deal if I can’t but my partner has bought me some as I love them but I’m a bit worried to eat them especially when I’ve been told all sorts.
Hope everyone is doing well! I’m 20 weeks today and have my scan this weekend! Going sooooo quick for me!

Hi Leoni! Good to hear from you! Yes you can eat shellfish as long as they're well cooked :) I'm jealous of your mussels now! Haha.

@EmilyMaria What was your ante natal class like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back