Not sure where to post this

Topsy

Reaction score
Like the title says I'm not sure where to post this but here it goes:

I've just had results from tests regarding previous mc and they have come back all clear so have been given the go ahead to ttc again although we have been having unprotected sex just not charting. I'm waiting upon an appointment for a Colposcopy due to abnormal cells but in letter it says nothing about pregnancy or weather I should avoid getting pregnant. Has anyone got any answers?

Xx

Hi hun is it because of an abnormal smear? If so I've had one of those and I'm pretty sure they won't do it if you are pregnant but maybe ring them to double check. I had mine before we started ttc and the results were all clear which is nice to know as you def don't have smears whilst pregnant x

I had an abnormal smear last sep then had another smear after my second mc this year and it came back with more abnormal cells. Just unsure where to go from here.

Xx

I'd personally get the colposcopy sorted before TTC again hun.

Although I guess it depends on your age? If you can spare a few cycles then I'd def get the abnormal cells sorted.

xxxxxxxx

I had a colposcopy and I was told I needed to have at least 3 normal smears to proceed with ttc. This may not be the case for you but it's best to ask. I had a smear every six months after the colpo. Last one was in November :)

Ooh I wasn't told that! I had the coloscopy and then one more smear which came back normal and they said I could go back to annual smears so I thought that's ok then and got pregnant! x

Thanks girls, if I have caught this cycle then I will wait till after the appointment and see what their advice is. Is the Colposcopy painful? I'm not sure what to expect.
Xx

Well Amy it was no picnic but it didn't last long. I took the day off and was ok by the evening.

Last edited:
I found it fine hun. Nothing to worry about x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back