not for the faint hearted! Wannabmummys birth story

wannabmummy

Reaction score
Hi all!

I got home today after being in hospital for 4 days and am so pleased to be back! Being a mummy is the most amazing feeling in the world. I am totally in love with him!! I am honestly never having another baby again though! Lol.

Where to start... I had a bit of a traumatic time so feel free not to read on!
I lost my show on thursday and started getting period pains! It felt like the beginning of something, so I thought I had better go to bed and get an early night in case it did all start - thank god I did because I was not prepared for the 50 hours ahead of me!!!

I woke up at 4:15am on friday morning to an almighty contraction so knew I was in labour. They came on so quickly straight from the word go, I was contracting 1 every 5 mins! (all I can say is do not take RLT because I reckon it over toned my uterus!) I got up and milled around all morning. By 11am they were coming 3-4 every ten mins, so as I was a planned homebirth I got the midwife to come and examine me at home and I was only 1cm!!! I was soooooo disappointed, I couldn't believe I had been contracting so much and nothing had happened.

I continued on like this until 11pm on friday night, they were still coming thick and fast and I was using the TENS machine and the pool but I was so tired already! I got another midwife who came out and examined me and said I was 3cm, and that I was doing well and would come back later if I needed her!

All night I carried on untill it got to 11am the next morning, I was shattered, I phoned up and they said they would send someone to me at 2:30pm. It got to 1:30 and I wanted more pain relief (dont know how I lasted that long to be honest) so I went into hospital instead - I was still only 3cms!! I was gutted, but then my waters broke and all of a sudden the contractions kicked up to 5-6 in ten mins! I wasn't getting a break at all.

I thought I would try the pool in hospital because maybe now my waters had gone things would go quickly. I was in there for an hour and by 5pm I couldn't stop screaming for an epidural. They examined me and I was 3-4cms, so they got the epidural sited, but it NEVER worked!! It took the pain away for about half an hour but for the rest of the time I was in absolute agony! They checked me again at 11pm and I was still 4cms - they wanted to put a oxytocin drip up because even though I was contracting 5-6 in ten mins they weren't strong enough to open the cervix as baby was still high, but I said they couldn't put the drip up until they had sorted out my epidural because there was no way I was going to be in even more pain! :(

I spent the next 4 hours rithing around in agony and not being able to do anything about it! They examined me again at 3am and to everyones surprise I was fully dialated, but Theo's head was still really high, so she wanted to wait 2 hours for it to descend!! It was agony having to wait to push for 2 hours when i could feel everything and I just wanted to push!

I pushed for 1 hour 40 mins and he didn't come down, by this point I was crying and telling them to just get him out of me, the docs came in and said they were going to do a trial in theatre, so forceps and if that didn't work then a c section.

Got to theatre and it took 45 mins to put the spinal block in! That was the worst 45 mins of my life!! I had to lie completely still at fully dilated through agonising contractions while the anesthetist messed up every time!! :( he finally got it in (just before they were going to put me under general) and trialed the forceps.

The baby still didn't come with forceps so they had to go for emergency c section, they were all really panicky and no one was telling us what was going on, at one point we heard the doctor say 'shit, he's stuck, oh jesus christ!' then the other doctor had to go and push his head back up to get him out of my tummy because he had been pulled so low!

He was finally delivered at 7am on 1st april 2012 weighing in at a whopping 9lbs 9oz!! After he was born they all started panicking again, because I had been contracting so long my uterus just kind of gave up, and I lost 2 litres of blood, but they managed to get it all under control.

It was such a traumatic experience, but one I would do again tomorrow for Theo. He is the most beautiful little man in the world and I am head over heels in love with him! Sorry for the long post! Well done if you got to the end :)

Hannah and baby Theo

Wow what a story! I made it to the end! Congratulations :)

I just read another labour story and it was so nice and easy and left me feeling kinda happy about giving birth soon... you just killed it for me and now i'm terrified again lol argh!!!

Congrats though hun, glad you are both ok! xx

Wow!!! Think u deserve a medal! Well done. Glad your both home and recovering well, can't wait to see a pic xxxxx

oh my god....sounds familiar apart from the spinal block and c section!!!!

well done hon...xxx

Congrats hun, I am glad you are home enjoying your new family. But...

OMG!!

How similar were our labours?? Mine was pretty much the same but they managed to get baby out with the forceps. Was little theo back to back?

I'm also very traumatised and gutted that my body didn't work :( I'll get over it though I guess.

Ps I love your name, theo was the front runner if Tilly was a boy ;)

Congrats again sweetheart xx

OMG!!

How similar were our labours?? Mine was pretty much the same but they managed to get baby out with the forceps. Was little theo back to back?

I'm also very traumatised and gutted that my body didn't work :( I'll get over it though I guess.

ours must be almost the same then!!!! xx

Wow Hun what a traumatic time for you, you did so amazingly you must be so proud of yourself. Sounds like there were a few mess ups at the hospital though which is not good at all.

Theo is totally gorgeous Hun well done again you are a star! Xx

:love:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333571535.656878.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333571535.656878.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 25
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333571575.634049.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333571575.634049.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 23
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333571607.059249.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333571607.059249.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 24
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333571630.981234.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333571630.981234.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 23
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333571643.426249.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333571643.426249.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 24

OMG!!

I know!! I read your birth story! Can't believe we were going through the same thing at the same time!! Yeah theo was back to back, he just wasn't budging!! You did so well hun, you should be proud of yourself! Even though it didn't go the way we wanted, it was horrible and we got through it and for that we should be thoroughly proud of ourselves :) xxxx

Your one brave lady going through that ordeal!..But well worth it, what a gorgeous little man you have and love his name too :)

OMG!! What a trauma!!! Can't believe they left you so long without decent pain relief!!! So pleased it all worked out well in the end though. Just been looking at the photos, he is lovely!! Hope the experience doesn't scar you too much. xxx

Congratulations Hun, he's gorgeous xxx.

You poor thing to go through all that. What are the chances of contracting for so long, having a failed epi, failed forceps, emergency c-section and big blood loss! Frankly I'm not sure what else could have been thrown at you.

At least your gorgeous boy was worth it xxxx

Gosh what a traumatic experience you had!!

Congratulations on baby Theo x

Wow, you poor thing, what an ordeal, baby theo is just gorgeous though, glad you are both ok now. Enjoy!x

Wow, you did amazing hun. Can relate to quite a bit of your labour, mine with Oz was pretty horrific and I said 'never again...' and here I am lol Honestly, what you go through stays with you, but the pain fades. I can't remember what it felt like now, natures way my mum says, otherwise we'd all only have 1 lol

Congrats btw and he is sooooo gorgeous :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back