Finally, the birth story!!!!

Amanda

Reaction score
I finally have internet back at home!!! :cheer: I've really missed you all. :hug:

Thanks MrsG for updating everyone. :hug:

Right, where to start - the basics I suppose. Charles Stuart Fitzgerald arrived into the world by section at 10.36 on 31st August weighing in at 7lb 8oz. It wasn't that straighforward though! :roll:

Arrived at hospital at 8.00am. Was shown to the ward, and given the lovely backless gown to get changed into. Then they came and got us at about 9.15am to take us to theatre. That was when it suddenly hit us both, and I got an attack of the giggles!! :oops: Stu was taken to get changed (after starting me giggling again by telling me he'd forgot to put boxers on under his jeans as he's forgot he needed to get changed!! :rotfl: ), and I was taken to theatre. They did the usual checks and everything was okay. Then they started to put in the comined spinal/epidural. The spinal is to numb, but it only lasts an hour or two, so the epidural is used to top up. She couldn't bloody do it!! I spent 35 mins curled up in a ball on the bed hugging a pillow counting the stiches in the material!! Anyway, finally I started to get a very warm feeling in my feet, and then she had finished. It seemed to take them ages then to get everything else ready, and Stu was still stuck outside! Everytime they were testing my feeling, I could feel it, so they kept having to wait. Anyway, finally Stu came in, and they started. Well, the blighter was determined to stay where he was, and wouldn't bloody come out!! I ended up having a 15 stone bloke pressing his whole body weight on my chest to push, while the surgeon was pulling poor Charlie out with forceps!! :shock: He came out in the end, and did one little cry, and our first view of him was a bum and pair of testicles over the top on the curtain!!!! Then they took him to the other side of the room to clean him, and he wasn't crying at all. I kept asking if he was alright, and the midwife kept trying to reassure me that he was fine, he just didn't want to cry. But I couldn't stop panicking till they actually brought him over and gave him to Stu. Then I was elated and neither of us could stop crying!!

Then the fun started! They had removed the placenta while I was worrying over Charlie, so they then started to stitch me. I screamed!!! I could feel everything. So they gave me something in the back of my hand, and topped the epidural up and waited 5 mins. When they started again, I could still feel it. So they did the same again, and waited another 5 mins. When they tried again, I could still bloody feel it! So the aneasthetist said they would need to knock me out as I was laying there on the table with a big open wound. So I asked how long it would take, and she said 5 mins, so I told them to get on with it. I think I almost broke every bone in Stu's hand, but they managed to close me up in the end. Phew! So then we went to recovery, then finally back to the ward for about 12.30. I was starving and it was just lunch, so Stu went and got me some food. Then the midwives tried to sit me up and thats when the sickness started! I couldn't stop throwing up. They eventually gave me something for the sickness, but then the itching started. I felt like I was covered in itching powder!!! So, finally at about 8pm, I was able to finslly sit up in bed and hold my new son.

And all the pain went away.

I can't believe how much I love him already. Even though I have been through this before with Kayleigh, I had forgotten the wave of emotion that you get. Stu is the most amazing Dad, and can't stop kissing him!! He has also been great for me and helping me do stuff. Kayleigh adores her new brother, and is a little mother to him!!

They had told me that I would be in hospital until at least Monday, but my SPD seems to have disappeared completely :shock: :dance: so they asked me if I wanted to come home on Saturday!! :dance: :lol:
So now we're settling into a great routine as a family, and I can't believe how happy I am.

I'm going to try and do some pictures now, but may not be able to as the internet keeps going up and down as they've only just done it!

Thanks for all your support over the last year girls, I don't know what I would have done without you all. :hug:

Hi Tankett

Gratz on the birth of charlie u both must be sooo happy to finally have him in ur arms :D

I just wish i had not read ur story now :rotfl:

hope ur all well :hug:

First picture (lovely forceps mark on his cheek!)

P1010003.jpg

Proud Daddy

P1010004.jpg

Proud Big Sister

P1010005-1.jpg

Mummys first cuddle

P1010012.jpg

1 day old

P1010017.jpg

Finally home

P1010027.jpg

th802d2846.gif

Well done Tankett :rotfl: @ Oh forgetting his boxers

tankett, how long was till ur daughter was allowed to come in and see u???

What gorgeous pics hun :D

Im so pleased you finally got to hold your son after all that malarky!!

Must have been the MOST amazing feeling ever.

He is so gorgeous and you look good considering all that happened.

Welcome to the world Charles!

Congratulations hunnie he is gorgeous!!
Can't believe what a polava you had! :hug:

Congratulations Tankett :dance: :clap:

Welcome to baby Charles :lol:

He is beautiful :lol:

he is gorgeous!1 congratulations you must be so happy!!!

xxx

Yay, welcome back Tankett, we've really missed you!! Congratulations on the birth of Charlie, he looks a little cutie, and you all look over the moon, he's a lucky little boy. Glad you are home and settling into your new life - how's the house??

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww he's gorgeous tankett, congratulations and welcome little charles :hug: :hug: :) :) xx

So happy to see your news and your pics!

You kids are both gorgeous!

I'm bawling my eyes out here hun. He's gorgeous as is your little girl who looks so proud of the new man in her life. I'm so happy for you sweetheart :hug:

Aw, you all look so happy! And Charles is such a cutey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back