Logan- Long and detailed not for faint hearted!**PICS**

Lyndsey

Reaction score
Hi everyone - This is my birth Story.

Logan Born 26.12.06 @ 2330 by emergency section.

On the Friday before Christmas I noticed that I was getting increased discharge so went into hospital to be examined.. I was told yes it was discharge and no amniotic fluid was present. I Went home but Sat I noticed this “discharge” Was getting worse, by Monday (Christmas day) every time I stood up I felt “stuff” coming out. I eventually went back in to be examined on Boxing Day and I was told that my waters had broken and I was 1 cm dilated. As it was unclear when I had exactly actually broken them then it was better to induce me …. Also I had a slight bacterial infection. So we were told to go and get some food and then head down to the labour suite at 1430.

We arrived on the Labour ward and had an internal where they fully ruptured my membranes and then put me on a syntocin drip. IW went from being 1 cm dilated to 5 in 4 hrs… I then asked for an epidural as the pain was intense ( I had been managing on TENS but they warned me it was going to get worse) .. it didn’t work – I only got a partial block with a complete segment missing ( my right lower tummy area) I then dilated fully in the next hour! I used gas and air to manage the pain I was still feeling which I found to be very effective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It had been hard to get a trace on baby so I was fitted with a clip…. It was then that they noticed he was not coping very well with the contractions… well they were very intense! They took a blood sample from his head via my vagina! And told me he had lots of thick black hair.. I was getting mentally ready to push but then the blood results came back and it said baby was very distressed so we needed to do a section (apparently baby was still far too high up to try vontouse or forceps….)

So I was rushed into theatre… they topped up my epidural to provide me with a total block for the caesarean _ but remember it wasn’t working!!!!! So – I had to endure the whole section feeling everything!!!!! I was in so much pain – they gave me gas and air on the table! At one point I screamed and the anaesthetist told me I could endure the pain or be put to sleep my choice!!!!!! I just wanted this baby out so I endured it!! Dave had to leave the room, as he couldn’t cope seeing me in distress!!! But he did manage to see Logan being born……..bum first!

Apparently when the surgeon made the incicision Logan was head down but as soon as he put his hands in to grab Logans head Logan turned and went breech! That’s why it was so painful they were chasing him around my womb! I wouldn’t mind but there wasn’t much room! At one point I had 2 people pushing down on my stomach near my chest to make sure Logan didn’t go back up into my womb again! Which as you can imagine made breathing very difficult.

Logan was not breathing when they eventually got him out so he was resuscitated – 5 breaths in total then he picked up really well and was right as rain…. We all went to recovery and had a nice breastfeed and then I went to the ward…. Logan has been a dream to look after he is such a loving boy! 8lb 6 not Massive after all….. but definitely worth the wait… not sure I will bother ever having sex again!!

I have been offered counselling by a midwife just in case I have posttraumatic stress following this “horrific birth!” I said no I would be OK as I would share it with others on this forum!

I hope I haven’t scared anyone – I do believe in speaking the truth – this is how it happened for me but I think this was a very exceptional case!

LOGAN032.jpg

LOGAN084.jpg

Oh my oh my oh my, what an awful story chicky, you were so very very brave...

Logan is just adorable, he looks tiny on the piccie!!

I hope the trauma of birth is soon a dim and distant memory for you, and you are so wrapped up in your little man that nothing else matters

xxxxxxx

aww hun sounds harsh :hug:
least uv got a gorgous lil boy out of all of it

Oh my goodness; you poor thing. What a terrible time you had.

Logan is just gorgeous though and I hope you are recovering well and enjoying being a mummy :hug:

awww hun bet ur glad its over!!!

Logan is lovely hun well done :hug:

OMG Lyndsey - it sounds horrific! That's like your worst nightmare isn't it?
Thank God you're both OK though and Logan is absolutely gorgeous - he looks so healthy!
Congratulations and well done for coming out in one piece!
You're a brave lady!
L x

Oh my god you poor thing are you ok hun? bless your heart hun but Logan is absoloutely gorgeous. :hug: :hug:

Honey - what a frightening start to your little one's life - I'm so glad that everything came out OK in the end. He is absolutely gorgeous - well done to you, you deserve a medal for going through all of that on gas and air :hug:

Hope you make a quick recovery

LBxx

:? Doesnt seem as tho anyone has had much of a nice experience really from us lot, they are so worth it tho and the end result is a beautifull baby, I would do it all again and im sure you would Lyndsey :D

Welldone and congratulations hun hes gorge :hug:

So sorry to hear you had a rough old time of it babe, that would be worst nightmare, especially the epidural not working :shock: :shock: :shock:

But Logan is such a beauty, you must be such a proud mama :hug:

Thanx everyone!

I have seen the midwife today and she is concerned that I may have post traumatic stress becasue of it all!

I am having counselling and there is now an investigation as to what hapened.. the main aneasthatist wants to know why I wasn't knocked out!

Yes I would go through it all again to have my little boy heis such an angel!

:shock: omg. im so sorry it wasnt a nice birth for you. you were very brave.

he is a gorgeous boy. im glad he is doing well. a lovely name too :D

gentle ((hugs)) for you :hug:

Crikey you poor thing going through that!! He's an absolute doll though and even more precious after his turbulant jouney getting here :hug:

Bloody hell, why wouldnt they do a spinal block????

Love the name.

Congratulations :D :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Well done sweety!!! POOR POOR U!! xxx

Lyndsey said:
They took a blood sample from his head via my vagina!

They was going to do this to Ellis too but when they started poking about he thought better of it and started perking up!!

Hope Logan gets told his horrible birthing story everytime he plays up as a teenager!! :rotfl:

xxx

that sounds seriously like my worst nightmare.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

but at least its over now and u have ur gorgeous little boy xx

:shock: poor you! im glad my section was not like that!

how u feeling now?

congrats hes gorgeous

so sorry to hear what you went through,you have a gorgeous little boy hun :hug: xx

blimey mate you desserve a medal. :shock: lovely boy you got there xx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back