birth story!

fran_23

Reaction score
ok its a bit of a strange one..baby was 9 days late and i was in slow labour for about a week but when he decided it was time to come he was out in 25 mins! typical man eh!

i basically explained it when i posted his arrival but here it is in a bit more detail.
i had a show and lots of pains on wednesday i thought that i was in labour so went to the hospital the pains were stopping when i got there so they put me on the monitor and said i wasnt contracting, i was 5 days overdue though so they did a sweep said i was 1 cm dilated and to go home and maybe kickstart things by having some loving ;).
i couldnt face that so i just went home, got home and had a big show..was feeling bad period pains since the sweep so thought things must have started moving...so i waited it out, took some paracetamol and went in the bath, then the pains stopped! this pattern continued until finally on sunday the contractions at last got stonger and began coming more strongly..the bath didnt ease the pain and i was in agony by about 3 in the morning it was every 4 mins and i was on all fours crying my eyes out so my mum had to get me in the car.
got to hospital about 3.30 and they examined me..i was only 1-2 cms the midwife said everytime i got a contraction i was tensing so much that it wasnt dilating me so she gave me a shot of pethidine and told me to sleep and relax and it should get things going (of course after hearing i was still only 1 cm since wednesday made me think i was there for the long haul!) anyway pethidine made me feel high and happy i got a little bit of sleep but by 7.50 i was in agony again and the pethidine had worn off then i went to the loo had a lot of blood and when i had my contractions by now every 3 mins very strong i knew i was pushing it was agony and i thought he was gonna come out so i screamed for the midwife got OH to get her and when she examined me she said i was right and the baby was coming now.
25 mins of pushing later baby Hayden was delivered-gorgeous as can be.
i had 5 stitches and everything was fine so i went home 6 hours later.
mummy and baby (oh and daddy) are all very happy!

oh i forgot the best bit about my labour..how could i?? on like my third push my waters broke violently..the midwife had to do a matrix like manouvre to avoid getting sprayed..and i think it was because i was high on gas n air..i was peeing myself laughing i thought it was hilarious!!!

HaydensBirthday214.jpg

What a story

Congrates hun u did very well in the end!!
Glad u are all feeling ok, The pics of lovely he is sooo cute

:hug:

glad all went ok in the end! all good things come to those who wait eh1 :cheer:

congratulations hon.. he's gorgeous.. all that waiting was so worth it...

x

congratulations fran :dance: :clap: :dance:

well done honey, hes lovely.xx

fran_23 said:
then i went to the loo had a lot of blood

That happened to me too! I was really scared cos I didnt know you lost blood till after the labour!!?? :shock:

Well done Fran!!! You done really well, must have been horrible waiting that long!! xxxx

Well done Fran, you did really well!!

:cheer: :cheer: :hug:

Glad all went well for you chick and wow for going home 6 hours later :D

Congratulations Fran!!

You sound like you had a time of it like me - but you forget it all when you cuddle your little one!!

He's so cute too!!

S. xx

awww congrats hun, your lil man is so gorgeous, you must be such a proud mummy xx

:D That's a great story,glad everything went okay :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back