Not feeling myself

hiya hun :hug: :hug:

I've since seen the doctor and he's put me on fluoxetine and the hv and a psychiatric nurse will be visting me at home every week.
My symptoms have got worse since I started this thread, I now don't feel like myself at all. I spend most of the day feeling like I'm thinking through a fog and really empty inside, not feeling any emotion at all, not happy or sad, just numb. (I felt like this before starting the pills, so its not them doing it). Afternoons are the worst, I normally improve and feel a bit more human in the evenings.
My concentration and patience have gone and I can't stop eating. The only time I really feel anything is when I eat :oops:
Hopefully the pills will start working before too long and I'll start feeling like me again.
I feel really angry and frustrated because for the first few weeks after having Logan I was loving every second of it, now everything seems really bleak when I have nothing to feel sad about and in fact have loads to look forward too. Before the PND hit me I was really excited about organising my wedding, now I've lost all motivation and feel stressed by it :(
If I didn't have two kids to look after I doubt I'd even bother to get out of bed!

I hope you get some treatment soon, PND is awful :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I really hope the fluoxetine kicks in for you and helps you feel better. It is great you get a nurse to come and see you regularly too.
I really understand about what you mean when you said you are angry and frustrated - you know you should be happy and looking forward to your wedding and doing things with your little ones - but your body just won't let you. You have to remember that though...you are not responsible for how you are feeling at the moment. You have an illness and it is the chemical balances in your brain that are causing you to feel so blue.
Give things a little time and take each day as it comes. Things seem so bleak at the minute and seems hard to believe that things will get better; but they will get better eventually, I promise.
Thinking of you lots
M
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back