Baby blues or post natal depression?

Toonlass

Reaction score
I have had PND with my last 2 kids and I'm hoping I don't get it this time. Lucas is a week old today and I feel really down and teary. Could this be normal baby blues or do you think it's the depression again? I'm feeling paranoid and having nightmares and I am feeling extemely stressed. I have an amazing bond with Lucas so there are no problems there but I feel like I'm on a sinking ship. Xx

I had mega baby blues with Rosie, I think it was provoked by my C-section as I wasnt allowed to have skin to skin with her or hold her for more than 30 seconds after she was born. If I were in your position hun I would have a chat with your midwife, Im sure she would be able to detect any signs of PND - I remember saying you had a good bond with her? Good luck, all the best wishes and I really hope its the baby blues and it all disappears very very soon xxxx :hug:

Thanx RM, i hope so too. I'll not be seeing Nicola (my MW) any more. In my area we have team midwifery so i see different ones all the time and Nicola is on labour ward till sunday and i imagine i will be discharged tomorrow xx

Would you feel comfortable talking to another MW? Or perhaps your GP? xx

I didnt get baby blues or pnd with DD but I do remember the mw's being really supportive and asking questions and I felt like I could go to them if there had been a problem x it's wonderful you have such a good bond with Lucas and I bet your back pain hasn't helped with everything either x I hope you feel better soon, try not to put too much pressure on yourself and speak to mw's if youre at all worried x x big hugs babe x x

My GP is a lovely guy, he delt with my PND brilliantly last time. I think i will make an appointment to see him. The MW (dunno which one) is coming in the morning, do you think i should still mention it to her? xx

Aye, the back pain could be a factor. I cant get out with the kids or anything xx

My GP is a lovely guy, he delt with my PND brilliantly last time. I think i will make an appointment to see him. The MW (dunno which one) is coming in the morning, do you think i should still mention it to her? xx

If it were me then I would mention it, they probably see a lot of PND and might have had training in picking it up. Good luck chickabee xx

Definitely mention how you feel to anyone who'll listen! I think saying it out loud is very important. So tell the MW / HV / OH / friends / relations.....

I've felt fine so far but I had a wobble the night after I had him but I think I was exhausted. Then a couple of days in I felt irritate - no idea why but I told OH 'I feel irritated and ready to bite someone's head off.....I dont want yo uto do anything, I'm just warning you'.

Keep talking and you'll keep on top of it honey x

Sorry to hear your feeling a bit down - i have to say i have always had baby blues for a few days with each child - something to do with hormone levels, plus exhaustion and not getting out probably isn't helping. Deffo tell mw or gp, but try and get some fresh air too, ring a freind or family to give you hand i'm sure there is someone who would love to help x Are you in a lot of pain with your back?

How are you feeling? x how did it go today? x

my aunt had really bad PND with her first... and then with her second about day 5 she started to feel down and her gp put her on mild tabs to try and nip it in the bud . her pnd was worse second time but much more controlled and at least ur aware of it... hope its nothing tho and will do no harm to mention to MW anyway xx

I'm still having nightmares and feeling hopeles. today was the first full day I have had to manage alone with all 3 kids.........FAIL!!! The 2 little ones seem to need me at the same time, it's like juggling too many balls and I'm dropping them. Lucas, Jacob and me were all fast asleep when my alarm went off to remind me it was school run time, so I had to disturb them both. Needless to say they both cried all the way to school and back. Then kieran started creating when we got in and I ended up with all 3 crying and I didn't know who or how so to sort out first. I felt so useless.

The MW says I'm still in the baby blues period and my back pain won't be helping matters but she advised I see my GP so I made an appointment. It's not till 4th may so I'm hoping I somehow turn into super mam before then xx

Aww hun youre doing a lot and your only a week since you gave birth. :hug: It'll come together soon enough. Is OH back in work? Is he helping when he's about? x

He went back to work on Tuesday, Lucas was only 5 days old. I have had Jacob in the childminders most of the week because of my back. OH is under the impression that his job is to go to work and my job is to do everything else. He hasn't washed a dish or seen the Hoover in over a week. He did bath Jacob tonight so I suppose I should be thankful for that and he us doing night feeds tonight xx

I remember the first time i had all three of mine cry at once - wishing i was an octopus! but like MM says take it easy on yourself - as much as we like to think we are we are Not super human! It'll be weeks before your into any sort of a routine and then you'll be wondering where all that time went. Just go with the flow and if your a little late on the school run don't panic its not the end of the world xxx Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight xxx

Hope everything starts to pan out soon sweets :)
You've a heck of a lot on your plate and you sound like you're keeping on top of it - just keep telling yourself that ok?
And with regards to housework, it will always still be there tomorrow - enjoy your kids in the meantime :)
Good luck with the docs - hopefully you'll feel a lot better before then X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back