Night feeds

Its just the stuff in tesco that I got I gave it to mia too when she was younger, cause Ellie is only a week corrected age I diluted it down even more, its nice or them to taste something other than milk, well I think xx

Cam only wakes once between 12 and 7 so not tooo bad i guess. he is def sleepier in the day then at night and can takes AGGGEEES to settle after his 11pm feed. How the hell are you meant to keep a newborn awake in the day? lol. My HV suggested I try but he sleeps when he likes and will not wake!!

Its impossible to keep Tegan awake in the day once she's asleep she's asleep! she was very naughty last night she woke up at 3.40am and didn't go back to sleep till 7am i had to stay up as my dad was coming and i don't c him very often, im shattered! x

yeah Ellie can take 2 hours to feed and settle at her 1am feed its not good xx

I Would let them sleep whatever..apparently sleep breeds sleep so the more sleep they have in the day the better they sleep in the night. Don't make sense really but that's what I read!

I Would let them sleep whatever..apparently sleep breeds sleep so the more sleep they have in the day the better they sleep in the night. Don't make sense really but that's what I read!

That seems true in Tegan case as when she's been awake most of the day she plays up really badly at night!

I'll only keep charley awake for hour and quarter to hour and half during the day then he has a nap even if he doesn't look tierd!! If their over tired, they won't sleep!
Well Charleys had me up 3 times tonight!! Every 3 hours! I'm shattered :( he seems hungry all the time ATM so gonna try hungry baby and see if that helps! The only thing I'm worried about is constipation. Anyones babies not get constipated on it? Was gonna start off slowly, use it for 1 night feed and see what happens

Drake has hungry baby for his bed time feed chaz, it seems to be working as he didn't have a feed at all last night. Apart from waking up coughin (bless him) twice he went back off with a dummy, he didn't get up till 7.30! He has to take a full bottle of it though or he wakes up hungry and won't settle back down. His poos are a little harder but he's not constipated or straining to get one out. Xx

Right operation get charley sleeping longer starts tonight!!
I've brought some sma hungry baby and will give him normal sma at 7.30 bedtime but hungry baby before I go to bed about 10.30!
Fingers crossed it works!!!
I keep trying the dummy trick but I can't see so end up shoving it up his nose then when I do find his mouth he spits it out so the whole process of finding his mouth starts again!! Lol

yeah we are giving Ellie a hungry baby feed at her midnight feed and she goes 5 - 6 hours to stop the constipation the baby juice around her 3pm feed really helps xx

Well it didn't quite go to plan! I fed him normally at 11.30, he woke up at 2.30 so he had his hungry baby but only took 3oz's then relised it's prob thicker so needs a dif teat so will have to try size 3 tomorrow! He then woke up at 5, tried dummy but kept spitting it out so got his bottle, only took an ounce then relised he stunk!!! I never change his bum at night so I did cos it's pooey so he decided to fully wake up! Grrr
I've had some lovely giggles from him though and even though night feeds are shattering, I do love the cuddles I get from him cos he tends to really hold me when sleepy!
So now I've got him led on my chest and I'm trying to get him off to sleep again!
So operation get charley to sleep longer will have to start again tomorrow night!

awww bless charley you cant be mad with them when the give you giggles in the night can you lol. He will get there in end I thought monty never would be he did (at 6 months) how many wks it he now?
even getting it down to one night feed you would really feel the difference keep going with the hungry baby its worth a shot.

Aw sorry it didn't go too well, really stuffs you up when they only take a small amount of feeds.

Drake didn't have a bottle again last night so he had his bottle at 10pm In bed for 10.40 and apart from stirring twice he woke at 6am! Not bad..shame I was up at 5am wrapping though!!!

Alfie has been reali good last few nights. I put his day feeds back down to 5oz as he wasnt finishing them and at 10:30 he has 6oz. Then we put him to bed awake at 11 and he sleeps til 6, or 7. Im lucky tho coz he feeds reali quickly and settles quite well after. He has FINALLY got over his cold he has had since 2 weeks old and given it to me, but Im starting to feel human again!!! :eek:)

Whoop whoop - H is over his cold now and we now finish our feed at about 11.30-12 midnight and wake at between half 7- half 8!!! This morning he had farts at half 6 and then came into bed for cuddles and slept till 9am!!!!

that's fab Hun Tegan went from 9.30pm last night till 6.20 this morning x

How is everyone doing with the night feeds?

5284f835-f68a-11fb.jpg

Blake has just slept from 11pm - 5:20am! The longest block of sleep ever! Can I count this as sleeping through?

I also went to sleep at 11pm so this is the longest block of sleep i've had for 8 weeks. Boy it feels good! Please let it not be a one off...

Welldone Blake!
Charley won't go longer than 3 and half hours. I spoke to hv about it and she said it's normal and he should start to go longer at 4 months!! I'm bloody shattered!!

Bet you are! This is the first time he's gone longer than 3 hours.

He's been back in his cot for the last hour but typically (and annoyingly!) I'm wide awake!!!!

What is that all about?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back