New BLW's - Share Here

ooh thats a good idea, cant wait to start lol, its going to be so messy :D

We're having homemade sweet pepper and ginger soup tonight - I'm going to give some to poppy in a bowl with a spoon and see what she does! Good grief the mess will be unbelievable but I can't wait! I've also saved some sweet pepper aside and am going to give her some raw finger sized bits for her to gnaw on :)

Last edited:
thanks babysmomma. for some reason, all my photo file sizes are too big and it won't let me upload them to the site!

I try and keep on top of taking photos! they change so fast! x

We did BLW with LO she loves it, best thing to do with bananas is peel them and chop the ends of then use your finger and poke it down the middle length ways and the banana will split into three long thin strips. I usually then cut it in half again across the middle so we end up woth 6 pieces.

Just thought I'd share a couple of photos from our blw journey. DS is now 15 months old. The first one is his first Sunday lunch, second is him with pasta and meatballs, third is him with melon (these were all from the first two months of blw) and then fourth and fifth are him last weekend.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327476725.302366.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327476725.302366.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 18
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327476751.587470.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327476751.587470.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 18
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327476786.786739.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327476786.786739.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 17
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327476817.842704.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327476817.842704.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 18
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327476842.119536.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327476842.119536.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 16
Well Poppy enjoyed her pepper and her soup, but I am really, really struggling with this whole BLW thing :( I just CAN'T relax and am convinced she is going to choke. We've had an incident where she went completely silent after biting off a chunk of food, and she made a really weird face and then barked like a sealion to cough it out. But it had got lodged at the back of her throat, hence the silence (she couldn't get any air in) and since then i've been really doubting the whole thing :(
We are going to TRY and carry on, because I did try her on a bit of puree yesterday and she is just not interested, she turns her head away and constantly tries to take the spoon from me. ARGH it's so hard being a parent sometimes and knowing what to do for the best! :(

stick with it hon!! the gagging is so scary but actually shows they are reacting to having bits in their mouth. keep going you will reap the rewards! Owen eats everythign and loves mealtimes, best thign we ever did. had many moment like you and it is so tiring the way we always have to doubt and question everything. give it a few weeks and you'll both be flying :) xx

Thanks minchin. We are going to TRY and stick with it!

Here is a video of her with her soup and pepper :) Until she's sitting up more competently I think I'll stick with the Bumbo - watching this video back made me realise she's a little slumped in the highchair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb_m5GpuZT8

Last edited:
cute video! but it played in fast time!? wasn;t sure how to change it! :)
looks like she is doing amazingly! she is picking stuff up, taking it to her mouth! We didnt do loaded spoons til 8 or 9 months really, was a bit too tricky and annoyed Owen. He took a few weeks to get going and then would suck a lot of food and was happy to swallow very big chunks, then he started chewing and eating more. Just take it slow and don't expect too much to start! x

Oh, I sped it up in an editing programme otherwise the video would be really long :)

Love it! She looks very happy just playing with it, feeling it and licking it. Keep up the good work and try not to worry. I gave Tom some banana (chopped up) and he was gagging like he was choking but I knew he wasn't as it was a miniscule amount. Although it did scare me, so i know what you mean!

Thanks Franna. I think banana is a good one to start with because it goes quite mushy once it's in the mouth anyway.

Today I gave Poppy cheese on toast. I hope nobody minds me posting videos? I won't do it all the time, I'm just excited this week as it's all new! And sorry I haven't time-lapsed this one, so it's 7mins long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSyMie6IuW0

i dont mind you posting videos and sure others wont too, only watched the first half but man, she is doing fab! I love how it keeps them occupied for hours!! once we started blw with owen he would stay for 45 mins being occupied and 'playing and eating' :) it was great. The vids will really help others too. :) its such a brill journey!

MrsR he's so cute!
Lulu- I love the videos of Poppy, she's doing great already! I'm excited, can't wait to let Kynon try!

Yesterday I gave Emma quarters of nectarine. She ate the whole nectarine and spat out the skin! It's probably the first thing I think she actually enjoyed, I wonder if it's something to do with the fact that I craved them during pregnancy?

Love the vids of Poppy - too cute.

Struggling a bit too. Last few days B really humpy and today we have noticed she really wants food now. We tried her on some apple porridge this morning - we both had a spoon as she wants to feed herself, but she gets frustrated as she can't do it fast enough so she will let me spoon some in too (all the while trying to shove her own spoon in too!) I then tried a HIPP jar I got the other day for lunch which is spinach and potato and she LOVED it but again, she wants to feed herself. This evening was more broccoli and today she was actually biting off chunks and swallowing it! I'm going to try the porridge again tomorrow and let her do the spoon-feeding as she's even learning now to turn the spoon upside down to get all the porridge off! So clever aren't they?

Here's a vid of B that my hubby filmed on 8 Jan - we gave her a green bean to play with while we ate and here's what she did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm5A7XDN2ms&context=C3e1688eADOEgsToPDskIqRzB-OnGRereO6b77KDBE

Last edited:
I love watching the videos - keep them coming :)
They are both so cute.

Aww she's loving that green beans, Jen!

Yesterday we gave Poppy some steamed carrot batons, but OH couldn't handle it and took them away from her. He is really, really struggling to deal with it. We then gave her some of these http://www.organix.com/Our-Foods/organic-carrot-sticks - which she LOVED, and chewed and swallowed pretty much all of the 3 we gave her :) OH coped better with them because they're not very hard.
I also gave her some baby porridge in the morning, and I admit I ended up just giving it to her myself on a spoon.

I'm not sure how long we're going to be able to carry on with BLW when OH isn't able to handle it. Poppy is his daughter as well and it's not just MY decision. I have to respect his, as well. So we'll see how it goes. In all honesty, I'm still struggling with it, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back