Ready for food?

Melanie

Reaction score
Thea has started waking at 4am for a feed. She hasnt had a 4am feed since she was only a couple of weeks old so mummy is really feeling it!

She seems very interested in our food now and tried to grab things from you so im wondering if she is ready to introduce a bit of food now. I really want to go the baby led weaning route.

She has had frozen fruit in her safe feeder to help her when her gums are sore. She liked that.

Im just wondering what to start with or if i should wait until she hits that six month mark that is recommended.

Looking at her ticker, she's SOOO close, I'd maybe start her on a little food whenever's convenient over the next few days.

My only tip would be not to bother too much about the baby rices. A lot of mum's use them for earlier weaning but they're so bland it really put Stanley off!

Maybe try a little carrot or apple? Not sure how you BLW gadget works but you could steam the carrot to soften it a little?

Let us know how Thea gets on :D

Hi,

both my children were around your little thea's age when they strarted to get food like, pureed fruit,
I agree with melanie, stay away from baby rice, unless you get a nice one with fruits in it that is, it is bland and could fill her up to quickly!

Good luck..

I agree that she sounds ready. From what I read about BLW (I didn't discover it until after I had started with purees etc so it was a bit late), you are safe to try from 4months. The theory being that if they aren't ready for solids they won't be able to eat any. So even if it is still too early, it won't cause any harm to put some finger food for her on a tray. I have been giving Ellie finger food as well as purees, to try and let her learn both skills. She really enjoys feeding herself doesn't really eat that much of it. The biggest problem I found was that things like chip shaped bits of banana, sweet potato, parsnip etc, tend to get very slippery once they get some saliva on them and they can't keep hold of them. They also mash up and fall apart very easily in their hands.

Go for it Mel. We have been BLW for a week now and it's going fab, I was going to write up about it with pics later. Leorah has eaten guacamole on rice cakes, spinach, tomato and garlic pasta, porridge (yes I am mad) and loads of fruit and veggies. She has refused nothing and eats as much as she wants. A lot ends up on the floor but the proof is in the nappies that it's getting eaten too. I am so happy I dfecided to go the BLW way, Leorah is much too independant to have mum control her mealtimes :lol:

Oh and another bonus is she gets really tired from the concentration so is napping really well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back