~*NEW*~ 37weeks + Labour signs, advise and hugs thread

Congrats on getting date clairebear not long til you meet little one :cheer:

Jane hoped the brownies helped - hope little on can hang on a bit for your dh to be there if things do happen in the next couple of days :pray: .

I must confess i have secret stash of chocolate covered digestives hidden away from DH. DH is worse than any females i know when it comes to biscuits/sweets he will eat them all in one go or go to the shop & buy two bags of sweets not one or the huge family bar of chocolate not the small one. Hence these are hidden just for me as i'm the one stuck at home & the thought of no chocolate if i feel the urge makes me cry.

Thank you for the kind words i am not sure but think things might be starting have bad back pains which seem to come every 15 mins for the last hour also been loosing my plug today. Do you think the back pain is the start? i had a bath & it was happening in the bath and has carried on afterwards too. Also had diahorea today so didnt eat the madras i had planned lol

Rosebay said:
Woo hoo!!

1 week to go, 1 week to go!

Quick- go out for a meal with your OH every night while you can! (Can't think of any other "fun thing" that is actually possible at this stage when people tell you to enjoy your last few days without a newborn but this is what my OH and I missed until baby was old enough for people to not be too scared to babysit!)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

we went out for dinner today and enjoyed it and me and OH were saying we will do it again next week before the induction!
a few friends have asked me to go out next week but TBH i feel i dont want to stray to far from home now and im getting so tired!
not long for you now!
:hug: :cheer:

*CLAIREBEAR* said:
we went out for dinner today and enjoyed it and me and OH were saying we will do it again next week before the induction!
a few friends have asked me to go out next week but TBH i feel i dont want to stray to far from home now and im getting so tired!
not long for you now!
:hug: :cheer:

I would do it if you can, I remember feeling like the world was going to end waiting for Elliott to arrive but it doesn't. What does change is that you just can't be spontaneous without a system of babysitting backup support. Going out solo with your friends is really important as is going out with your OH, it happens afterwards if you fight for it and get good support but you've still got a chance to enjoy now fairly easily. I know it's an obvious thing to say but it really hit me after I gave birth as I guess I hadn't thought about it. I kept up going to the Guide Unit I help run even when he was a newborn and when he was 6 months I started a Tai Chi class as a good reason to just get out and have some alone quiet time for an hour and a half every week and then I managed to find a few good babysitters so that OH and I could just have some adult time together- it's so important for your relationship with each other.

We're not in an easy position to do it right now with us living apart during the week but hopefully I've sorted it so that we can have a nice lunch together on Saturday as I just know that it's our last chance for a little bit as people are too nervous to sit for newborns and frankly you don't want to leave them anyway!

I'm going to see the midwife later for a checkup. I'm sure I'm anemic again despite the Pregaday as I wake up in the morning with that horrid blanket-type tiredness which doesn't feel natural at all which gets better after I take my pill. I slept for 3 hrs during the day yesterday and the day before during the day which I haven't done since these were prescribed so we'll see. Anyone know if you can double them up? I'll have to ask her later I guess. Heartburn has got me up tonight but the plus point is that I get to look at the new snow outside because so far we hadn't had much in Worcestershire. Elliott is going to be SO excited, he's never played with snow before :), can't wait to see his face! It's stuff like this that make it all so miraculous you know and so worth it all. I love seeing him discover the world, you end up seeing it all again new too, how beautiful it is and how special. It's a magical thing becoming a parent and worth all the difficult things that come with it. :D

+++

Hi

Thought i'd try again to post on here. I tried yesterday and wrote a long bit and then my internet connection crashed. No signs at all for me. Just back ache but i think thats just pregnancy back ache rather than the start of anything.

Great news on getting your induction date Clairebear Its my due date the 11th. Somehow despite keep telling my husband that we need to be organised in case the baby comes early i think i'll prob go over. I'm at the hospital on the 10th though and they said they would prob do a sweep then. It does make me a little nervous that but i just keep telling baby that if he/she wants to join us now it can do.

Lisa-marie i hope that your back ache is the start for you. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Rosebay hope that your sons stomach upset has resolved itself.

Jane i hope baby stays put so that your husband can be there. Stuart (my husband) goes sailing every other Sunday and i'm not certain whether to ask him not to go this weekend. My friends have said that he shouldn't go. We live in Manchester and he sails in Windermere and a few of them car share so its not even as if its easy for him to get back if anything happens. I keep telling myself that things always take ages with your first child and that i should let him go if i've had no twinges. I guess i'll have to decide soon.

Anyway i hope everyone is ok.

Speak soon if i have any symptoms.

Grace xx

hi grace,rosebay,lisa marie and jane! :wave: :D
is there only us at this stage now??? sorry if i missed anyone! :doh:
hope everyone is okay? :D
well no signs for me today,the stabby pains i was getting in my front bum (sorry TMI!) seem to have eased slightly the last two days to be taken over by the backache from hell! :wall:
i must admit though im nesting like a mad woman!!
yesterday and today i have been laying floors in the kitchen and bathroom and emulsioning!! :shhh:
my sleep patterns have gone haywire,im up all night and sleep in the day!
i seem to get better quality sleep in the day though as the itching from the OC seems to start with a vengence in the evenings :wall:

i cannot believe this time next week my baby could be here!! :cheer:

take care everyone!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Wow morning everyone who is left - hmmm not many of us now :D

I'm here for the duration it appears, getting strong bh most evenings and through the night last night but fell asleep at 5.30 and this morning they have all gone... If I could have had him last night my DH would have been here but now I am back to keeping my legs crossed :D :D :D I ate a pineapple for tea and made myself sick so no more old wifes tales for me I'm afraid....

Jane x

Gracie tell your hubby the roads up here aren't great at the mo and we're expecting snow on Sunday so it's not a gvood idea to come. :D

sueken said:
Gracie tell your hubby the roads up here aren't great at the mo and we're expecting snow on Sunday so it's not a gvood idea to come. :D

Thank you. I'm hoping it says online that its been cancelled due to the weather. At least twice this winter they've got up there and its been cancelled. I just wonder if its worth the petrol really but at least they take it in turns.

Still no labour signs for me. :(

:wave: To everyone on here.

Grace xx

hello ! thought I would pop in !

Getting alot of sharp shooting pains at night and quite a bit more discharge ! sorry TMI !

no real signs yet but wish baby would come as I just cant sleep and so uncomfy ! xxxx

hey everyone !

Hi all,

this last week has been pants! I seem to have grown so much and got proper all-night heartburn and I've been sleeping 3 hrs a day while my parents try to keep Elliott happy- aargh! His bot seems to be better but playschool was closed so he's been in all week so was climbing up the walls. I've had it so easy up to now I guess but I'm just so damn big. Even the midwife was spontaneously sympathetic on Thursday, I was lying down to be measured and she said "You poor thing, I don't mean to be rude but you're so short that the baby has no where to go but out does it?" and she's right! OH hadn't seen me since last Sunday and he was impressed too. Hey ho. We're off on a last visit to Bristol before baby to finalise some building stuff tomorrow so I will take my notes with me just in case.

Jane- hope nothing happens until your OH is back
Firstangel- Hi! How are you doing?
Gracie- surely it's too bad snow-wise for him to go? Hope so for your sake
lisa-marie- how's the back? Any more signs?
Claire-glad you can get some sleep, even if it is during the day!

Take care all of you!
+++

Hey Rosebay ! Im down today ! so uncomfy and tired ! Im sure we are all the same ! just want baby here now !!

Me too hun. I' m v v miserable today. Kind of had a falling out with my Mum too which all got out of all proportion and I had to go and have a cry upstairs when no one was looking and I know it's all stupid and to do with my hormones but the whole thing gave me braxton hicks because I got all stressed and so now I'm paranoid that I'm going into labour which I'm sure I'm not. Poo poo poo poo. The kicks and movements really hurt too because baby is lying sideways inside and my bot is all over the place because I'm scared of getting the bad piles pains I did last time when Elliott engaged so I've probably been eating too many prunes. Heartburn hell, backache, and feeling utterly useless as I can't sit or stand or walk properly or bend or get clothes on Elliott or chase him when he runs off so everyone else is doing it for me :(.

Plus I feel extra guilty because I'm actually pretty fine really, I don't have any extra complications like a lot of you poor ladies do and it's not even like I'm overdue or anything. :(

God I hate the last three +? weeks, I did remember that they were bad last time, just not the details...

So sorry to moan, really fed up

Hope your day got better

:hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

Rosebay said:
Me too hun. I' m v v miserable today. Kind of had a falling out with my Mum too which all got out of all proportion and I had to go and have a cry upstairs when no one was looking and I know it's all stupid and to do with my hormones but the whole thing gave me braxton hicks because I got all stressed and so now I'm paranoid that I'm going into labour which I'm sure I'm not. Poo poo poo poo. The kicks and movements really hurt too because baby is lying sideways inside and my bot is all over the place because I'm scared of getting the bad piles pains I did last time when Elliott engaged so I've probably been eating too many prunes. Heartburn hell, backache, and feeling utterly useless as I can't sit or stand or walk properly or bend or get clothes on Elliott or chase him when he runs off so everyone else is doing it for me :(.

Plus I feel extra guilty because I'm actually pretty fine really, I don't have any extra complications like a lot of you poor ladies do and it's not even like I'm overdue or anything. :(

God I hate the last three +? weeks, I did remember that they were bad last time, just not the details...

Hope your day got better

+++

OMG how did you get to 37 weeks!!!!!! hugs hugs hugs

Hi :wave:

Rosebay: i think we are all allowed to have a moan at this point, hope you are feeling better today.

Jane: i've not checked all the posts yet but hope you are ok.

Firstangel: hope you manage to get some sleep. A couple of weeks ago i was really struggling to sleep, up half the night either watching tv or on the computer. But its a little easier now not great as its painful to turn over with my hips but i am sleeping better.

Clairebear: hope you are ok. Not long till your induction. Will be thinking about you.

As for me still no signs. Stuart didn't go sailing thankfully he had already decided not to ages ago apperently but had forgot to tell me :wall: . I been so worried about what would happen and feeling guilty about asking him not to go. I'm glad he didn't for two reasons one they didn't sail again as there was no wind! and two baby had been quieter for a couple of days i was just feeling the ten movements they want but on sunday the only way i could feel thim was if i was holding by stomach. In the end i phoned them and they said to go in to be monitored. Everything was fin and i had a really good trace. Its funny because at times we could even see baby moving but i just couldn't feel it. They said that sometimes happens when mum is short and baby is big as there is even less room to move. I'm back at the hospital tomorrow anyway so hopefully they will decide what the plan is then.

:wave: to anyone i've missed and hope everyone is ok.

Speak soon.

Grace xx

Rosebay said:

Hope your day got better

+++

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yep you sound like me !

We will get there ! and it will all be so worth it !

hope you and your mum are ok xx :hug: :hug:

Gracie - My hips are the same, think thats why I just cant sleep ! didnt sleep at all last night ! trying not to feel down, as I have had a healthy pregnancy ad cant complain really, just feeling sorry for myself !

I get like that with movements, some days I dont seem to feel any, then the next day I feel loads !

have some :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ClareBear ! Oh just a couple of days for you ! you must be so excited ! :cheer: :hug: :hug: try and get loads of :sleep: and rest so your ready for your big day ! :hug:

I can join you ladies in here now!! :cheer: :cheer:

I've been avoiding all the labour talk, but need to get into it now and get head prepared!! I'm gonna read back a few pages on here.

How are you girls doing? I'm feeling ok, just a bit tired as still at work but finish on Friday :)

firstangel said:
hope you and your mum are ok xx :hug: :hug:

We're fine again thanks!

Feeling a lot better tonight as I went to sleep at 8.30pm! I was awake for about 3 hours in the middle of the night but as I was reading books and lying down it was ok.

How have you been today hun?

+++

By the way....

How many bags are you taking? And how big are they?

I have one sports-style bag, the free changing bag you get with the Boots club and a large tote bag but I can't see how else to fit everything in?

Last time I didn't take enough stuff, particularly pjs and sanitary towels...

Ta!

Hope you're all well this evening
+++

Hi

Rosebay: we started off with two sports bags - the sort you would take to the gym but i kept finding other things that needed to be packed as well. So now we are taking stuarts big sailing holdall. It makes me laugh that on one leaflet we've got it tells you everything you need to bring which seems to take up loads of space to me and in the next paragraph it says don't bring too much as the patient lockers are only small :wall: . Wish they'd make there mind up.

Kirsty: :wave: I can't believe you are still working. I'm a nurse and i finished just before christmas (still had 4 weeks holiday so didn't start my mat leave for a while). Initially i thought that i would work longer but they way my hips have been since then i'm glad i finished early. Hope you get some rest after you finish work.

Firstangel: Hope the hip pain isn't too bad. We are allowed to feel sorry for ourselves. :hug: :hug:

I'm not quite sure why i do it this way round but i've come to this thread first before seeing if there is any further development from anyone. Never mind.

Not much to say for me really i had my hospital app yesterday my blood pressure was up but really i think that was because i was nervous about what they would be doing next. In the end the midwife did examine me and my cervix is thinning but not fully open yet. She said it was open at one end but not at the other. Babies head she could feel and things are progressing. Was told to have sex with an orgasm (no pressure there then!!!) and eat pineapple. It makes me laugh that at the start of all this we were being told when to have sex because i was on clomid and being told when to have sex at the end as well. :lol: Got to go back now on Friday to have baby monitored on CTG and to check my blood pressure and urine. I don't think they are overly worried but just want to keep an eye on me especially as last fri, sat and sun had reduced movements. Although baby has been moving like anything since then.

Hope everyone is ok and i'll now go and catch up on all the other topics.

Grace xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back