Pushca's Labour / Induction Thread :)

Glad you have a bed now, come its not too long for you good luck hun xx

Feeling a little disheartened. Got examined by a nice doctor when I first got to labour ward yesterday & gel was applied - & that was fine. Been having contractions every 3 - 4 minutes which I've been breathing through with hypnotherapy alone. The doctor who has examined me the past 2 times has hurt me so bad I feel violated! Then she told me it was in my head & didn't hurt! I haven't stopped sobbing for past hour. Was so proud of myself for staying so relaxed through all the contractions & now feel just a little crap!! Hoping my next examination will be with a different doctor! It's really put a downer on what I was hoping would be a positive experience :(

Oh no! Don't let her upset you hunny, tell the mw's what's happened and tell them you don't want her again if she comes on duty, she won't be the only doctor there and chances are you won't be the only one to complain about her :hug:

My midwife was in the room at the time. I can't stop crying. My contractions have pretty much stopped when they were coming on thick & fast - which I'm sure has to do with my treatment this morning. I feel completely demotivated & am close to discharging myself. I feel so let down! :(

I had a horrific doctor when I went in for monitoring hun. Don't get upset now get mad. Thats what my mum told me and it helped to deal with it. Complain, I did I told the mw I wouldn't have her again and I reported her to her boss the consultant. There are other drs on duty she won't be the only one. Hugs your way hun. xxxxxxx

Just met this mornings doctor & she is mortified by how I was treated & how upset I am. She told me I should complain!! Anyway she is going to be my doctor now by looks of things & is really nice. Because of regress in contractions it's likely I'll be put on a drip this morning. Joy!! :)

Glad ur feeling a bit better now u have a nicer doctor,I would defo complain I'm sure you won't be the first!!
Good luck hun x

Really glad you've got a better doc hun, if she says to complain then do so. Doctors get annoyed with incompetent colleagues cos they are the ones that have to pick up the pieces afterwards which makes their own job a lot harder. But if no-one complains nothing gets done.

Now try and relax and get that baby out :D xxxxxxxx

Well - my new midwife & consultant are amazing & have urged me to complain about doctor last night. They are so motivational & empathetic. I feel so much happier. Also examined me successfully & I have dilated!!
They offered me an epidural before breaking my waters & getting me on a drip. Because of the shoulder distocia I had with my first, I'm going to have to be put in a very uncomfortable position to birth, so have agreed to the epidural. Not exactly what I wanted for this birth, but feel so much calmer & happier with this outcome :)

Good luck hun glad you have nice doctor now it makes such a difference xx

keep ya chin up, sod that spiteful cow who hurt you yesterday dont let her ruin this experience hun. Your son is on his way, thats so amazing! xxxxxx

Thankyou for all your lovely messages. I've had an epidural, my waters have just been broken & they're putting a drip in to speed things up. Baby boy should be here before the end of the day. I'm hoping he comes before my amazing midwife goes home. She has turned what could have been a horrendous traumatic experience into a fun encouraging one! :)

Aww good luck honey!! I hope baby comes soon for you then :) sending you lots of hugs and can't wait to see a pic of your lovely little boy! Xx

Oh just catching up. Good luck with the rest of your labour xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back