Naps in cot or not!?

twinkle84

Reaction score
My LO has always napped on me or the sofa but we often have 'visitors' turn up unannounced who can't resist waking LO and he's taking a while to get off now! I was just thinking should I put him up in cot for naps! It's safer and out the way of "visitors"!! But he sleeps so well on a night and I had thought better to keep separate so he knows cot is for bedtime! What do u ladies think and/or do?! X

Zac sleeps really well in his cot day or night, I think it's so much better as you can get some jobs done or just relax while LO is asleep. X

I personally put Matthew in his cot for naps! He seems to understand that when he is in his cot it's time to sleep whether during the day or Ay night, also means I can get on and do the things I need to about the house during the day.
XxX

Tomos usually naps on the sofa or in his little rocker chair, I tried putting him in his cot but he didn't nap as long as I think it was all a bit too quiet.
Worth giving it a go an see how Aiden likes it. xxx

We've got the same prob ATM! Charley's now started fighting his daytime naps so I've started putting him in his cot but I'm worried he'll start hating bedtime cos he screams when I put him in there during the day!
I've started taking him for walks when his naps due but I don't want to get in that habit!

Always the cot for us, Noa would NEVER fall asleep on me or next to me.. I sometimes wish he would but he have not done since a few weeks old.. he don't want to.
He fights naps sometime but at night there is never a problem

marley has only napped in his cot once, when it was too hot! he usually just naps in his pram, and i can put him in the hall or kitchen...depending what im doing but theres generally some noise going on and he sleeps fine. he doesnt nap for long really.1 hour max if im lucky, but if i know hes getting tired i can put him in his pram and within 5 mins he is asleep whereas he would fight it (like bedtime) if he put it in his cot he stands up, rolls over etc etc. i also wanted to get him used to the fact that pram is for day, cot nighttime iykwim!

Thanks all really appreciate it! I tried him earlier and he had half hour and I got few bits done! It's tricky knowing what's best! Aiden just the same unless he is absolutely shattered after winging for a bit he won't go off on his own! X

i have a travel cot/ playpen that h sleeps in during the day as im trying to sort his room out so need access to it when he's asleep!!! but it works really well as its safe and he has toys in so he can play when he wakes up/ before he goes to sleep!!!

Isla sleeps in her cot day and night. I've noticed she naps better in her cot than the buggy or chair. She still sleeps 11+ hours a night x

I've recently started putting Isla in her cot for her naps and she sleeps much better and it's not caused a problem with going to bed at night. If we're out and about, she'll nap in her pushchair but doesn't sleep as well.

Twinkle my LO is the same, always falls asleep on me and then if ppl turn up they can't resist waking him. If I tell them ssshhhhh they shout instead of talk. I know they just want to see him but then I'm left with an overtired screaming baby mostly grrrrrr

I have wondered the same thing about putting him in his cot, might start. But it's hard coz if he falls asleep on me and I move then he usually wakes up, if he falls asleep on his Dad then he can move him no problem. Which is fine at weekends, but no good when I'm on my own during the week!!

Thanks everyone very much :) I've been trying the naps in coy and it's working a treat! Really chuffed! Also shown some visitors that maybe they should ring first haha!! I still have to cuddle to sleep first but only takes 5 min better than battling for ages with him and all the crying etc!! X

Isobel what are some ppl like? They have no clue! They can't understand why I make a fuss and think LO shud be a performing puppet! Totally understand xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back