Daytime naps in the dark?

Lynsey

Reaction score
I have just started putting Jacob in his cot in his own room for his daytime naps. He still sleeps in his moses basket with us at night. I am not sure whether to make his nursery dark when he is in his cot in the day as I don't want to disrupt his routine and get his nights and days confused. What does everyone else do? He is 10 weeks old.

no don'y make it dark when he has his day timr sleeps.
If you let him get used to sleeping in the daylight he will be able to distinguish between daytime naps and bedtime sleep. :)

i leave it light in the day so that he knows the difference between night and day too.

I shut the curtains but they are fairly light so it isnt as dark at night time. The nap routine is also different - no bath etc so he knows he difference between day and night time.

I have a black out blind at home, but Brody sleeps at my mom's in a very light room no probs.

I have a blackout blind too, but only close it half way so there is still a little light.

S. xx

We have a blackout blind in Jamie's room but he has never been confused between daytime & night time naps. He'll sleep anywhere anyway, light or dark!

nicki said:
We have a blackout blind in Jamie's room but he has never been confused between daytime & night time naps. He'll sleep anywhere anyway, light or dark!

same here - i pull the blind down mainly so he isnt distracted by all his toys! if you leave it too light he sometimes takes forever to go to sleep as he can see a hundred things he would rather be doing :roll: he does go eventually though but sometimes i need him to go quickly if we have plans! its not pitch black so i dont hink he thinks its night time.

like nicki though never had any probs with him sleeping if its light though, he sleeps at his nans, or on the bus or occasionally with me on the sofa!

xxxxxxxxxxx

up to last week I use to let Otis just fall asleep on his playmat down stairs in the living room, however I have now changed this and I'm putting Otis in his room for his naps with his black out blinds drawn just over half way so that it is still light in his room but not as blinding as our living (which is all glass including the roof think this was just to much light for anyone to have a good sleep in during the day!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back