Naps

allieH

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me. My LO is 6 weeks old and has never napped well during the day. This week she is literally falling asleep for 20 minutes at a time and then waking up and won't really go back to sleep. In general she doesn't seem too unhappy and doesn't cry for long periods during the day. During the night she sleeps from about 8pm to 7.30 am waking at around 2am and 5am. She is breastfeed and feeds every two hours roughly during the day and when she wakes at night. Today she has only napped for about 2 hours spread between several short naps. Did anyone else's baby do this? I'm a bit concerned as they books suggest that she should be napping for about 6-7 hours during the day or am I worrying over nothing?

Thanks for reading

Allie

Baillie cat-napped for wee half hours when she was tiny - still does actually.

You've got a great night sleeper though like I had so instead of worrying I would be counting your blessings! :cheer:

Kim x x x x

From 10 days old Galen hardly slept in the day. Power naps for 15 minutes or so but that was it. And he would wake to feed every 2 hours in the night also till he was about 12 weeks old. Some days he would wake at say 8 or 9am and then not sleep at all till 4pm or later :shock: Not even a 10 minte nap :wall:

I'd not worry tbh. If she is content and sleeping well at night (with a couple of feeds) then she is doing fine. Some babies are not day sleepers. If she is crying and restless I'd look at other possibilities keeping her from sleeping (colic or some such) but otherwise don't worry overly about it.

Connie is usually awake most of the day and has power naps of about 20 minutes after a bottle, she's always slept at night and is awake during the day from birth. She is now almost going through the night now :dance: .

Meggiewoo said:
Baillie cat-napped for wee half hours when she was tiny - still does actually.

You've got a great night sleeper though like I had so instead of worrying I would be counting your blessings! :cheer:

Kim x x x x

Same! All the books don't tell you about wakeful babies - I was sooo not expecting my newborn to be awake all the time :lol: To be honest not much has changed, she has two short naps of less than half an hour and that's normal for her. She sleeps 12 hours a night so I'm more than happy!

She's probably just a power napper :lol: :hug:

Thanks for all your replies. I do try to put her down in the crib during the day but she often just lies there wide awake. Now that I now that other babies are the same I am not as worry.

Thanks

Allie

mine is the same, i put him in his chair and he plays with the toys and then sometimes drifts off for a power nap for 10 mins and then wakes up to play some more!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back