Nappy Comparison

LaineyG

Reaction score
Hi All,
I thought this might be a good thing to do. It might have already been done somewhere else though!

Mhairi is a Pampers girl, but this means that she is also a Tesco's own brand girl because they seem to be similar! So what nappoes have you found to be similar to either huggies or pampers?

We also use Costco's own brand (Kirkland) and I would say they are similar to huggies.

So, post your findings here and then it should help people to know which own brand nappies suit their little ones!

Pampers a-likey
Tescos Own Brand

Huggies a-likey
Costco Kirkland

For aidan's age i'll use pampers or tesco.

For leela only pampers - don't really like huggies.

Having tried almost every single brand of nappy I've found that Tesco's own Active stretchy fit ones are the best. They're thin, keep her nice and dry and she seems to like them.

are the tesco like pampers baby dry or pampers active fit ? i dont like the netting in the active fit !

im a but wierd on nappies , i have 3 different ones we use :oops: huggies superdry at night , these are just brilliant . huggies natural fit most of the time , or pampers babydry if were going out and i might not be able to change him for 6 hours .
yes im weird :lol:

Huggies were the better ones for Tia... but I found ASDAs own were exactly the same at a fraction of the cost. Pamper were absolute poop for Tia.

This time round I had some thing called Dodot which is like Spanish Pampers.. but again they were poop. They had a deal with the local hospitals and they give them out to all the new borns and any babies that end up in hospital so the parents don't need to bring them.. They are very pretty but thats about it tbh...

Didn't try huggies...but I do remember that the straps used to dig into the top of Tia's thighs which is why I didn't bother. I now use a supermarket's own brand which only costs me 15€ a month.. Can't sniff at that really... They ain't too bad either.. I prefer another supermarkets own brand but I get less nappies in a box for more money and we can't afford that really.

Squiglet said:
Huggies were the better ones for Tia... but I found ASDAs own were exactly the same at a fraction of the cost. Pamper were absolute poop for Tia.

They used to be yeah, now though (well in our Asda) they have offers on Pampers or Huggies ALL the time and it means they work out the same and sometimes cheaper than their own brand (only by 3/4 nappies but still!). Seems since Asda did the rebranding to ''little angels'' they hiked the prices up a bit!

I used pampers baby dry all the time and never had a problem. Huggies were on offer in asda though @ £10 a box so went for them this time. There fine, had more leaks than pampers in the day ( he drink ALOT) but at night same as pampers. Infact they dont get AS puffed up as the pampers - however as we have had day leakage Im still more for pampers! I have been told with the 5+ upwards with huggies though is where you start to get soem serious leakage!

Morrisons own Baby Movers are the same as Huggies, even down to the dimple effect on the trim that the velcro sticks to and alot cheaper...just picked up 52 size 5 for £6.50 which is pretty good compared to Huggies and Pampers.
We use Huggies Nighttime pull-ups for bed (the ones with Buzz Lightyear on them) but they are not cheap at all, think its £4.99 for £14.00 but they are the only ones we can use that dont end up leaking every morning although I would say 3 out of 7 mornings he is soaked but dont know what else to try!
Lidl are good nappies as well and similar to Huggies.
Aldi used to be good but seemed to have leaked on the last batch so havent tried them since, also abit bulky but I liked the frog design...didnyt like it enough to stick with them and end up with lots of washing though :doh:

mdsremos said:
just picked up 52 size 5 for £6.50

See I don't think thats cheap!! We got Size 5 huggies for £10 a box and their is 86 nappies in it and to say Huggies is a ''main'' brand Morrisons are not that much cheaper!!

Not wanting to start a debate but the Huggies £10.00 box for size 5 nappies is for a box of 72 which equates to £0.138 per nappy whereas the Morissons £6.50 for 52 is only £0.125 per nappy (Size 4 is for 87 which is great value!). It might be that your Asda are offering a larger box but our Asda is rubbish.

I am such a stickler that I will work out how much per nappy on offers as I always thought Boots were good value but when I worked it out they werent...I just used to look for the points at Boots which defeated the who object.

Oh that reminds me I used to use Boots newborn and size 1/2 nappies when Charlie was born which used to be like pampers but unsure if they ahve changed since then.

I'm an Asda buyer. I only like Pampers for the stretchy tabs, but they don't hold Angel's mess.
I bought Aldi the other day though and they are stretchy tab. 56 for £4.99 so i don't think it's too bad.

Calleigh is a Tescos girl :)
They fit her nicely and rarely get any leaks.
We occasionally try different brands due to being given packs from MIL and i dont like Morrisons own much seem very bulky compared to others. Sainsburys own is not too bad just had a pack of those had no problems and they are thinner than other own brands.

Have totally gone off Pampers as they really make Calleigh smell. And its not as if i leave her in her wet nappy. As soon as she has a wee it really stinks to the point the smell sticks to her clothes even if i change her straight away. Didnt have a problem with new baby size 1s just every size upwards and babydry.

Used huggies when she was newborn and they didnt fit her so well.

Lily is a Tescos activefit girl :D I like the pampers but the tesco version is identical so I go with them. I have to get ones that meet in the middle when they fasten and have the extra flap on the front so the tops of her legs are completely covered. I know what I mean :rotfl: Tried Morrisons and they were poo. Im finally :pray: getting to the end of aload of Huggies I brought becuase they were 2 packs for £10 with the 25% extra free but they are nasty dont get on with them.
I liked the Huggies newborn nappies just not these ones.

mdsremos said:
Not wanting to start a debate but the Huggies £10.00 box for size 5 nappies is for a box of 72 which equates to £0.138 per nappy whereas the Morissons £6.50 for 52 is only £0.125 per nappy (Size 4 is for 87 which is great value!). It might be that your Asda are offering a larger box but our Asda is rubbish.

I know hun thats why I said ''not that much cheaper'' as I dont think 1p a nappy is a huge saving from a national brand to a supermarket brand, i think the supermakets should offer better deals on their own brand nappies!

thomas is a boots boy
tried pampers his willy stuck to the netting an they felt very plasticy
huggies are great in newborn but one you get to size 2 they dont fit him well and he can wee out the side
not tried tesco/asda as not a supermarket of them near here
boots fit him lovely in all the sizes hes on 3 now they dont stick to him or leak day or night,
i no they cost a little more but id rather him be comfy and dry then saving a few quid per month
xx

I like them all, they all have their pros and cons - you really dont want me too do a nappy review lol

I use Tojours from Lidl most of the time. They cost £4.99 for 50 nappies in size 4. Can't fault them and I've never had any leakage or nappy rash :D

I like Huggies super dry too for night time Gem.

I have recently started using Aldi's nappies and i think they are great i think they were £4.99 for 56 size 4. They are as good as Huggies as well.

I don't like Pampers - not really sure why :think: just don't like them.

I've used most of the brands and they've all been ok! I mostly use Tesco and Pampers although Sainsburys are really good too. I prefer Pampers/Huggies to Own Brands as they aren't as bulky.

I use a mix of disposables and reusables.

At the moment, I'm using size 3 huggies in preference to Pampers, as the Pampers leak poo, and the Huggies don't - which is a reverse experience of what I had with the size 2's!

My favourite nappies I've found so far were a semi-budget brand (can't remember the name) I got in France (Carrefour shop) while we were on holiday, which is making me tempted to try Lidl/Aldi, as apparently they're similar.

We use Tesco, Sainsburys or Boots. Pampers make Ella smell like wee and I don't like Huggies. My Mum has Lidl ones for when we're round there and they're good aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back