• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

nappies!

charlotte_

Reaction score
i've always used pampers with zach, apart from one packet of tescos own i bought, which i thought were crap. my auntie just dropped off 2 packs of huggies for me, and now i'm thinking they're better! what do you reckon ladies? i'm bored with trial & error, lol.

We have just started using Boots after using every different brand there is! I think it depends on your baby though so there may be a bit of trial and error to go!

I've used loads of different ones.

Pampers - I don't like. I haven't tried them since she was first born but I just didn't like the materials used in them, they looked really wierd when they were wet.
Huggies - I like them but I think you can smell the wee all the time with them. Plus they have Winne the Pooh on them and I really hate him!!
Asda eco - We're using them now and I quite like them. I think they're pretty much the same as the normal Asda ones and they're pretty good
Sainsbury's eco - I liked them but found the poo goes up the back a lot whereas with most other nappies it doesn't.
Nature Babycare - I love them. I just think they're so much nicer in materials, they don't smell bad when she wee's and they seem to fit her really well too.

I just get what's on offer at the moment. I'm gonna give Boots own a go next time but I really really like nature babycare.

Seeing as we're not using cloth at the moment (back at work, nowhere to dry them etc) we're using nature babycare ones. We got lots of different nappies when she was tiny and I still think these are by far the best, they don't swell up horribly like others do and keep her perfectly dry even though she's a heavy wetter. Not all nappies suit every baby though but these were easily the best for us. We sometimes use the Asda eco baby ones but they aren't nearly as absorbent and tend to collapse when they're too wet.

Edit: Just saw the post above about the smell and with Pampers and Huggies I was always thinking she had pooed when she hadn't. Don't have this problem with the nature baby ones!

At the min we are using Sainsbury's! But we usually use Tesco!
I don't like Pampers much as she leaks all the time in them! Not tried Huggies with her yet as not needed too! Tesco or Sainsbury's are fine but I also tend to buy things when they are on offer too! Nappies are so expensive and there's so many cute clothes I would rather spend my money on! lol :lol: Obviously though if the nappies were crap I would pay more!

daftscotslass said:
Edit: Just saw the post above about the smell and with Pampers and Huggies I was always thinking she had pooed when she hadn't. Don't have this problem with the nature baby ones!

I find with the Nature babycare I can't smell the poo enough! I do a bum sniff but have to have a look too cos they seem to keep the smell in. :lol:

I use boots' own brand super dry. ive never had a leak and theyve lasted up to 15 hours

I have always used Pampers except 1 packet of Tesco own brand which didn't leak but I felt they were really thick & bulky

Cloth for us :D

But we do use Nature Babycare ones at night as he's a heavy wetter and can't actually move in the morning if he has cloth on its that wet :lol:

I love Tesco nappies. Not the ones in the green packets, they're too bulky. But the stage 1 & 2 in yellow packs, and stage 3+ in purple packs are great. We rarely have an accident with them (compared to when I've tried more expensive brands) and they're so much cheaper. I used the pull ups (red pack) with ds1 in the summer when he went through the 'look I can take my nappy off' stage and they were great too!

Last edited:
i have used huggies from day one and found them to be great, i had 1 pack of pampers as i had a voucher for and found them pants

Huggies are by far the best!
But cost wise i was buying Asda ones, until my last pack which were awful! The damn things kept falling apart when putting them on!
So if i can't afford Huggies i'll be buy Tesco in future! I have loads of vouchers for Pampers, but they are terrible!

huggies all the way. pampers a rubbish!
Althoughg i've heard a lot of good things about tescos so might give theres a try i agree with you Lea, i'd sooner spend money on lil outfits :)

HUGGIES are the best i think - and not too expensive
I hate pampers and the asda own brand ones i just don't like as they are a weird fit - ive got 3 big packs of their size 2's left and need to get rid of them (let me know if anyone wants them)

We use tesco's own brand!! They fit him best and we rarely get a leak, if ever. Like maybebaby we use the ones in the yellow pack.

I didn't like Pampers, as they leaked and didn't fit him as well. I think some nappies are just better suited to their bodies. Haven't tried Huggies though yet.

gonna be using cloth soon (they look so big on her still!)

but the best ive found for now are boots own.

Huggies for both of my boys :D I tried Pampers and they leaked.

Someone told me that Huggies are better for boys bits and pampers for girls but I have no idea how true this is!!!!

We tend to use Pampers, have never leaked on us and she seems really comfy in them. I found Huggies used to leave little crystals on her bum, especially if they got really wet through the night or something. Have tried Tesco and Asda own brands but didn't find them as good so I stock up on the Pampers when they're on offer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back