My worries about the topic

flexilexi394

Reaction score
well as we have a new section i think im gonna make my first thread in here lol

Basically as my due date creeps nearer i am starting to really doubt its going to happen at all! i never thought id go overdue or have an induction or anything, but as my due date is coming closer i am having horror visions of a horrible induction and being overdue etc and the whole experience being traumatic!

I also really would quite like a water birth, but am starting to worry and think "i prob wont get one" and im just being a bit of a donut really!

really want it to happen soon but im very doubtful. i said to midwife earlier ive lost lots of plug and she was basically like "well that doesnt mean a lot" lol so im not going by that anymore really! x

I felt like that with Lacey. Her due date came and went and it felt like the end of the world but she was only 2 days late, no signs that she was coming so you never know, your little princess might suprise you! x x

Don't think you have that long left, i think she'll make an appearence within the next week :) xx

I can't imagine how impatient you must be feeling to meet your little girl! But i'm sure she will be here soon...not long left hun x

Aw I remember feeling like that! Eva was a week overdue and boy did that week drag on for forever! I was utterly terrified of having to be induced cos things are likely to go wrong with inductions (not meaning to scare you there!). In the end the birth was nothing like how I imagined or wanted but I soon got over it and now look back think "oh well...who cares? I don't cos my eva is here and safe"

I felt exactly the same, but as my due date came and went I actually ended up feeling far calmer about the birth and realised I just had to 'go with the flow' and what would be would be. There's only so much planning you can do at the end of the day, just try to relax as best you can and your baby will be here before you know it :)

i cant believe how slow these days go compared to how fast the rest of the pregnancy has felt! i just feel like its dragging even though its not. i bet i go overdue; trying not to worry about being induced, am a little nervous about my sweep next week as thats a bit wierd i think especially as my midwife who ive seen the whole way through is doing it and i think ill find that wierd lol. just hope i dont need it, but we will see! x

sooner or later you will have your little girl.. I know it feels like forever (noa was 13 days late) but the day will come, so take this days and REST WOMAN!
about the birth.. well im sorry i cant be to no help as i had a terrible n traumatic time and it took me a while to get over it but looking back now, i would do it again anyday and everyday for Noa. Dont be scared- you are gonna go trough the most amazing thing ever and belive me, you will be so proud after :hugs:

I honestly thought i would have my first little girl by my due date (even though everyone says it might be after i still thought that I would be one of the ones to go by my due date!)

the only advice i would give is this... if it comes to it and you go a few days over then as long as everything is fine with you and baby then try to make them let you go up to about 10 or 11 days over (or even up to 14 i think they'll let you go)

I went in at just 7 days overdue to be induced and it took 2 days to finally work with me and i had Josie 10 days overdue. Looking back i should have asked to go a bit longer as i'm sure those extra few days would have given me the chance to let it all happen naturally (or at least I would know that i'd given myself the maximum time to go naturally). My body just wasn't ready to have the baby.

I was just so desparate to have the baby that i agreed as soon as they said about induction - this time around i am really going to try and go to at least 10-12 days over (if of course everything is ok with me and baby).

although i ended up being induced and it took a while to work the whole time in hospital was the best experience ever.. the only bad thing about induction is my girly-bits got sore from the internals to keep checking see if i had dilated!

From when they broke my waters I did end up having gas and air, pethedine, the syntocin drip and an epidural too (which was brilliant) and although it was the opposite of what i had written on my birth plan (hypnobirth, water birth etc) it was still a really positive experience.

So my only advice is don't agree to go in too early like i did - i think that by giving your body the maximum time possible to get going itself has to be the best option and would probably result in a more natural delivery than i had.

Although mine was a lengthy process (went in on 15th - had her on 18th) my actual labour from having my waters broken to birth was only 12 hours on paper. And although 12 hours sounds like a long time it isn't when your in the delivery room.

And like you say, you never know when it might happen... i'm sure losing your plug must be a good sign that your body is gearing up for it and you still have time for it to happen naturally.

i don't mean to put you off with my induction story - quite the opposite... if it happens that you do have to be induced it does not have to be a bad experience. I still had my music playing, gas and air coming out of my ears which was SO good, hubby there the whole time, tv to watch and i had a normal delivery and pushed Josie out within an hour in NO PAIN whatsoever at 2:03am on MOTHERS DAY! Had a couple of stitches but held her straight away and was out and back home by 3pm.. just 12 hours later.

Loved the whole experience so much i even wrote off and got copies of all my notes about the induction and a minute by minute account of the whole thing which i love reading through now!

Anyway, you still have days worth of opportunities to go naturally before you need start worrying about induction - i didn't know anyone previously who actually made it to the ward for induction... the rest went naturally of their own accord before - although 2 of my friends actually went naturally the night before they were due in for induction and both were 11 days over!

ahw good luck whatever happens - keep an open mind about the birth - whatever happens the joy and overwhelming happiness and love of meeting your baby will be amazing regardless of how and when they get here! i am really hoping it happens soon for you and cannot wait to hear all about it. take it easy and got everything crossed for you x x x

Thank you so much for your encouraging and kindneords! Definateky has made me feel better about the whole thing. I can't wait do it to happen, it's going to be amazing no matter what happens I guess, I will take your advice and try and let mengo overdue naturally before I get induced. I think I'll let them do the sweep next week, if that doesn't work then I'll try an wait it out. I said to my midwife when do they like to induce and she said 14 days over. So hopefully I won't go the full 14 days, I will hopefully go naturally before then! It's interesting actually because my original due date was the 29th and that was by my dates, I think I was right. I know it's only a couple of days but I think they sometimes get dates wrong and potentially not due for another week! X

Can't really offer any labour adbive Lexi, but I would say it's not worth worrying about, as when your time is up , it's up and ou will be soo intent on getting that little princess out and to hold her, focus on that and that should get you through anything - We know you can do it - and inside - you do too X

i agree with the go as long as u can before induced, i never wanna be induced again as my body wa not ready atall,

meant to say sorry for the essay!! and you are so right about getting the dates right... i always think that going by the first day of your last period is odd... if it is true that sperm can live for up to 5 days then i think there is always a window of 5 - 7 days whereby although you know when you BD'd or OV'd you will never know when conception actually happened... could have been 5 days after or could have been within a couple of hours of BD. so yes your right to think about your own dates that you made it too... not long now whatever happens though x x x

yeah as far as i know the midwife puts her fingers in the cervix (ouch) and moves it around to see if that gets things going. ive got one tomorrow but dont think ill need it to be honest x

You'll hopefully not need it, fingers crossed you are on you're way with things just now !! But if you do have to go tomorrow then good luck with it and keep us posted !! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back