not what i wanted to hear

nmf1987

Reaction score
had mw today and all is fine with bubs.

i asked her about sweep and induction etc and she wont do a sweep until im at least a week overdue. really annoyed. induction will be at 12 days over.

i was really hoping that she would give me a sweep next week as will see her on my due date. i understand they dont like to interveen but surely a sweep is better than leaving it to go to induction.

so annoyed. gonna have to try and bounce, clary sage etc as much as i can.

keep getting period pains and some tightenings too just need them to persist and get worse. xxx

Hey hun, try watching something funny. The night my waters went (38+5) I'd been watching stand up dvds with OH was propr laughing all evening and whooosh waters lol, luckily they went just as I sat on the loo!!

Hey, I think it is bad that they will only sweep when overdue, after 40 weeks we shouldn't be carrying for to much longer and I always think if they sweep at 40 weeks, they are working with nature, rather then against it..

I do hope your baby comes sooner, rather then later.. xx

thats what i think. if they want it to happen more naturally then surely doing an earlier sweep is better than induction. grrrr.

means i wont get induction until 4th/5th july. xxx

my mw said she'll sweep at 40+4 and again at 41+1 with induction scheduled for 42 weeks exactly! so hoping i go before then! you still have a week, get eating pineapple, curry and walking up stairs sideways!!! best of luck x

ive done all of that spice. gonna go have a soak in the bath with some clary sage i think. xxx

awww hun, you'll go when you least expect it!!!

it seems like everyone gets to see their midwife! that's why I'm jealous! I haven't seen mine since 36 weeks, and I don't see her again until 40 weeks. I saw the GP at 38 weeks who told me to come back at 39 weeks. So, I'm just going now. But he can't tell me if baby is engaged even. it sucks. although the midwife i last saw did say if i ask for a sweep on 40 weeks normally they would give it xx

thats whats annoying. seems its just my silly town that they make you wait longer,

hope goes ok with gp. rubbish you dont get to see mw. xxx

awww thats not good, hopefully you will have gone before then though. with all these pains and stuff you have been getting it's looking good for you. I've been getting nothing until last night and it was even that long :(. Back to nothingness today for me :(.

MW told us at our antenatel class that if its your 1st you should get a sweep on your due date and if its you 2nd or more then you have to wait till 41wks.. im hopeing she forgets that i already have a child! :)

I'm sure it doesn't feel like it to you but I swear your pregnancy has gone so quickly, it doesn't seem that long ago that you got your bfp!! :oooo:
Hope baby gets a shifty on for you very soon xx

wish mine said that kelly.

no its has flown princess. just want him here now. so annoying. of course i dont wana mess with too much but i really dont want to be induced. i want everything as naturally as possible. i know me trying to encourage him out isnt doing that as such but he will only respond to them if he is ready anyway and a bath in some oil isnt quite the same as spending time in hospital being induced. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back