My OH.........

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
He won't stop worrying!! I don't know what to do with him really! Everytime I get a twinge or pain somewhere he thinks labour has started, I'm not even full term yet! If I get a BH he thinks its a real contraction and now refers to them as "contractions" not BH. He assumes they hurt and I tell him everytime they don't hurt, just uncomfortable. Last night I had a bit of a headache and was really hot, he thought it was "a sign" :roll: He nearly phoned NHS but I managed to persuade him not too. I think I'm going to stop telling him when I get aches and pains and BH. He's forever checking up on me! Don't get me wrong I think its great he's so supportive and I know I'm really lucky to have him, I just don't want him worrying about me so much! I have a check-up at the doctors tomorrow so hopefully she will be able to reassure him but I don't know how to stop him worrying so much, any ideas?

Aw, I don't know what to say to help!!

I'm so glad I don't have this at home, DH is fabby at being laid back at the mo'. I'm getting this off the parents though, and my facebook. Loads of messages all the time!

i dont tell my other half when i get BH anymore... as you can see in his face hes worrying. if i spend more than 10 mins in the loo at night he wakes up & asks me if im ok when i waddle back in the bedroom, i just explain that its getting harder to get off the toilet hehehehe
maybe dont tell him everytime you feel a BH, especially if hes refering to them as real contractions! hopefully the midwife tomorrow can put him at ease as well.
x

Sometimes its not easy being an OH. As we do not know the physical difference between a BH and labour (and never will) its difficult for us to know. When actual labour comes we think we have to swing into action and everything ( I Know if my OH reads this, she sent me to bed when she started her actual contactions so I would be ready for the hard part, whislt she was up most of the night in the bath with contractions, I had a nearly full nights sleep) however it did work and I was calm(ish) for the labour and all there for the delivery. We do worry, I think it is because we do not know what is happening we probably worry more and can't help it (sorry!!!!!)

Aww bless him :hug: Maybe all his worrying now is good practise for him for when the time comes. I would tell him that you will know labour has started when your have a contraction you can't talk through - that might help him as it is a sign he'll be able to look out for himself.

I, however, am taking really perverse pleasure in phoning my OH at odd times during the day as he keeps thinking it is 'the call'. Last night I phoned my Dad (as I needed to borrow a cable) and even he thought it was 'the call' :lol:

Dont really know what to suggest, i used to get "fanjita stabings" (havn't heard that phrase for a while lol) and BH and Dave would worry at first, but when it came to actually labour he was calm as a cucumber, when i told him i was coming up cos things were happening you'd think i'd just rang to come around for tea not to have a baby at 2am!!

Thanks girls (and boys!) :hug: I think when the time actually comes he will be fine and stay calm, its just at the moment he's a wreck lol I suppose its because he doesn't know what to expect, fear of the unknown, although I think it should be me worrying about that! (I'm not!)

Bless! My OH laughs at me when I get BH lol. In a sweet way, not a mean way. He's always telling me to stop doing things and making me sit down all the time. It's sweet but I think if he worried all the time I'd be tearing my hair out! Maybe you could try complaining constantly? He'll probably get fed up and start ignoring you lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back